Program Manager, Operations Expansion
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Affirm aims to provide better financial products to improve the lives of consumers. We need an exceptional program manager to scale operations, support our growing business and lead a new process implementation process. The ideal candidates will have strong business acumen and judgement with the ability to lead cross functional programs/projects, build new processes, drive continuous improvements and implement technology to support new businesses, vendors and partners.
What you'll need to succeed
This role requires a strong background in project and process management to plan and implement complex operational expansion programs. In addition to that, a strong candidate will need to be well versed in financial services.
What You’ll Do
- Lead cross-functional discovery and scoping sessions to bring structure and life to organizational objectives, defining and refining strategy, goals, plans and deliverables
- Create project scope, schedule and budget plans and manage the team projects execution
- Identify project stakeholders managing expectations through the project lifecycle
- Partner with cross-functional project leads and managers to coordinate planning and oversee dependencies
- Ensure launch readiness (e.g. go/no-go decisions), coordinate post-launch monitoring and be an expert source of information for the project management team, contributing actively to improving project management practice
- Drive project governance framework such as Working Groups, Steering Committees etc to drive issue resolution and decision making
- Develop a communications plan setting out who is going to receive messages about the project, when and in what format
- Project Risk, Issues, Actions & Dependencies including the processes for logging and tracking
What We Look For
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Engineering, Economics, a similar degree or equivalent practical experience
- Prior project management experience (PMP). Process management experience (lean six sigma) highly desirable.
- Demonstrated understanding of underlying consumer operations workflow & technology
- Experience managing client expectations and requirements
- Experience in services, operations and/or sales
- Prior experience in consumer lending or financial services a plus
- Self-starter with strong sense of urgency and accountability
- Excellent team player who is highly self-motivated, detailed-oriented, and enjoys learning new things
- Skilled in focusing on desired results, determining what is important, clarifying next steps and prioritizing work effectively to meet deadlines and achieve desired results
- Ability to make discretionary decisions based on research, with certain degree of creativity and latitude
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can learn more about our D&I efforts here.
We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for positions in accordance with applicable laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top