We’re looking for a smart, driven individual to join our Accounting team. The group is responsible for maintaining the company’s accounting ledger, financial reporting, payroll processing and performing financial analyses throughout the company. The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal skills while working cross functionally between teams and technical skills to back up their recommendations.
What You'll Do
- Be the main contact for all payroll related matter for all Affirmers
- Collaborate with the People, Legal, and Finance business units on all payroll matters with cross-functional impact such as, new hire processes, cash, bonus, terminations, and other adhoc projects impacting payroll
- Check and audit timekeeping records for compliance with established standards, maintain time and attendance records, enter new hires into the payroll system, post changes in pay and tax status, and miscellaneous changes
- Compute wage and overtime payments, calculate and record payroll deductions, process requests for paycheck advances, and process terminations
- Maintain accurate benefit information for all employees by collaborating with People team
- Audit timesheets to ensure wages, taxes, deductions, benefits and garnishments are properly calculated
- Communicating with employees and management to ensure all payroll transaction are processed accurately and timely
- Research, analyze, and resolve all discrepancies, reporting to management as needed; monitor all payroll accounts continually for accuracy
- Balance and control earnings and deduction totals, calculate and prepare general ledger entries, inspect automated system output such as registers and standard reports, determine and correct out-of-balance conditions
- Reconcile payroll and benefit transactions on a bi-weekly basis
- Prepare and file tax reports, gather payroll data for inclusion in the financial statement, and research and prepare special reports for management, calculate military and jury duty pay, and process garnishments and levies
- Maintain the payroll-related procedures manual as the company grows
- Participant in the month-end closing for all payroll, benefits, payroll taxes related accounts
- Assist the Controller in preparing monthly payroll, employee benefit, and other fiscally related record analyses
- Participate in the annual financial statements audit and be the main constant for all payroll related audit testing
- Assist the controller in equity administration including drafting of board actions, proper inclusion of income for exercises where appropriate
- Conduct year-end reporting for W-2’s etc
- Maintain compliance with all legal and institutional requirements at all times.
What We Look For
- Minimum 3-5 years of payroll experience
- Associate's degree or equivalent training and education beyond high school
- CPP designation preferred
- Strong math, analytical, research, problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Knowledge of NetSuite or Namely or UltiPro is a plus
- Strong system and data flow knowledge.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new process flows and software technologies
- Self-motivated, flexible, deadline-oriented and able to complete tasks with limited supervision
- Ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly. Started by PayPal co-founder Max Levchin, Affirm gives consumers the flexibility to buy now and make simple monthly payments. Unlike other credit options, Affirm offers transparent payment terms (no fees or compounding interest), and employs advanced technology to reach a broader consumer population.
Back to top