Affirm aims to provide better financial products to improve the lives of consumers. We have grown since our inception and are looking for an Operations Specialist who will join us to scale the Operations team in our hyper-growth stage. The Operations Specialist will resolve complex inquiries and process exception cases in an accurate and timely manner. This position will work alongside Affirm’s customer service team which handles general customer inquiries.
What you'll do
- Coordinate the investigation, resolution, and documentation of consumer issues in a timely manner to maintain both positive customer relationships and compliance with company policies and applicable regulation
- Review accuracy of credit reporting and third party collections disputes. Conduct real-time monitoring of social media channels to identify and address potential customer concerns.
- Use critical thinking to gather and evaluate evidence for disputes between consumers and merchants related to purchases, credits, or payments
- Process sensitive legal and compliance transactions such as bankruptcy and deceased claims
- Review escalated cases pertaining to account changes, loan applications, and payment processing
- Process check payments
- Assist with ad-hoc projects as necessary
What we look for
- BA/BS degree
- Experience in loan servicing and customer support, particularly in dispute and/or chargeback handling is a big plus
- Knowledge of e-Oscar, SCRA, credit reporting and FCRA is a plus
- Capable of accurate data entry / transaction processing
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer empathy
- Proactive thinker constantly seeking improvement opportunities in work
- Team player with the ability to collaborate and be sensitive of others
- Excellent listening and problem-solving skills with keen attention to detail and organizational skill
- Ability to follow through on dynamic tasks that involve different aspects of the business and contending priorities
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly. Started by PayPal co-founder Max Levchin, Affirm gives consumers the flexibility to buy now and make simple monthly payments. Unlike other credit options, Affirm offers transparent payment terms (no fees or compounding interest), and employs advanced technology to reach a broader consumer population.
Back to top