Manager, Seller Risk
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Deal Underwriting and Due Diligence: Use business credit reports, financial statements, investigative research tools, and financial market data to conduct financial and non-financial risk assessment of Affirm’s merchants as they are prospected, signed and onboarded by Affirm’s Sales teams. In a typical week, you will need to wear multiple hats: corporate credit analyst, venture capitalist, and fraud investigator.
- Portfolio Monitoring: Conduct ongoing monitoring of credit, fraud, and dispute/chargeback trends by merchant in order to detect changes and anomalies from expected performance. Work closely with our Account Managers and other teams to manage anomalies as they come up.
- Business Process Improvement: Leverage your knowledge of merchant risk to inform Affirm’s growth strategies into new merchant segments. Work cross-functionally with multiple functions to design and document processes, controls, and procedures that manage Affirm’s merchant risk exposure concurrently with growing volume on our platform.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- The ideal candidate has 5-7 years of experience in assessing merchant risk in a function such as Merchant/Seller Risk Management, Fraud, or Merchant Underwriting at a Payments or E-Commerce Technology Company or an Acquiring Bank
- BA/BS degree in a quantitative discipline or equivalent experience
- An MBA or advanced degree in a quantitative discipline (Finance, Financial Engineering, Operations Research, etc.) is preferred
- Analytical and Technical Skillset: Comfortable using SQL, MS Excel, Python, and dash-boarding tools (Looker, Tableau, Superset, etc.) for analyses of large data sets, presentation of your findings to others, and ongoing monitoring and reporting
- Ownership Mentality: Demonstrate an appropriate sense of accountability, urgency, and execution
- Communication Skills: Ability to communicate points of view on complex and challenging topics professionally with supporting rationale; ability to communicate complex and sensitive information to cross-functional stakeholders with appropriate clarity and discretion.
Meet Some of Affirm's Employees
Helen translates real-world customer problems into code, which in turn builds the services that Affirm offers customers. She also participates in advocating for young professionals in technology.
Back to top