Manager, Customer Operations Support
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
As a Manager of Customer Operations Support, you will be responsible for the management and leadership of the Customer Operations teams to support transactional lending and banking processes on behalf of our customers. The types of functions the team manages include Escalated Customer Cases from Care team, Product Bugs & Issues, Disputes & Chargebacks, Credit Furnishing, Compliance Adherence and Management, etc. The team also works alongside Affirm’s risk operations team located in San Francisco and with our customer care team which handles general customer inquiries.
You will lead a team of passionate and motivated service professionals to achieve targets and create great customer experiences. You will coach, develop and lead the operational support team to resolve complex inquiries and processes exception cases in an accurate and timely manner. You will be instrumental in ensuring the team achieves overall business objectives including productivity, accuracy and customer satisfaction targets.
What you'll need to succeed
This role requires a experienced people manager with a strong mindset for process improvement and analyzing business data and performance metrics. You must be able to demonstrate people engagement skills and have previous experience managing a team.
What you'll get in return
A leadership opportunity with an passionate team in a faced-paced, purpose driven environment looking to improve the financial lives of our customers.
What You'll Do
- Manage a team of Operations Associates in a hyper-growth environment which includes developing the team for changes in the future; this includes managing the team’s change resilience and minimize performance impacts that can be associated with change
- Drive employee engagement and a high performance culture within the team, ensuring effective performance management, coaching, and development of team and creating an environment where people can excel through accountability, encouragement and empowerment
- Manage multiple performance metrics across multiple channels (voice, email, chat, etc) including customer satisfaction, productivity metrics and service levels including managing cases that meet quality standards
- Responsible for working with recruitment to hire candidates, coordinate with training function for on-boarding and on-going learning and ensuring work is being appropriately assigned and evaluated
- Consistently improve the Customer Experience across our key channels and products by developing reports and insights (weekly, monthly and quarterly) on Net Promoter Score and other identified metrics
- Use strong presentation and communication skills to report findings and recommendations to management and business leadership teams
- Identify and implement transformational changes in the team to generate efficiencies and drive better customer experiences while ensuring the teams adheres to regulatory and compliance requirements
- Keep ahead of industry developments and apply best practices to areas of improvement
What We Look For
- You must have at least 4+ years experience within people management or people leadership positions and preferably will have previously experience working in the financial services, fintech space or complex operational or transactional processing role
- Degree qualified (preferable)
- Self-starter with strong sense of urgency and accountability and has excellent focus on attention to detail with the capability to work and make decisions in a fast paced environment
- Forward thinking mindset with ability to problem-solving complex issues to drive shares goals and outcomes across internal and external teams
- Proven experience in leading teams through major change and is comfortable that there may not always be a defined plan, path, process or clear expectations
- Maintains a composure and acts as a role model to the team when presented with barriers or when results were not as expected
- Strong customer empathy and service level focus
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can learn more about our D&I efforts here.
Back to top