Lead UX Writer
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Affirm is all about giving people more opportunities to lead their best life—without asking them to sign away their future in hidden fees and endless debt. A big part of this mission is being the easiest-to-use and most customer-friendly financial option out there.
That’s where you come in. Our product content strategist will support our expansion into new products and features while improving upon the simplicity, helpfulness, and ease of use our customers already love. You’re a pro at writing clear and compelling copy for user interfaces, emails, SMS, user portals, apps, and disclaimers, and you have thoughtful and creative opinions on how to optimize UX. You can also deftly weave brand voice into your UX copy; you’ll help advance the Affirm brand across our product touch points.
Affirm’s second product content strategist will work with a high degree of independence, collaborating daily with our product designers, product managers, engineers, user researchers, lawyers, and other content strategists.
What You'll Do
- Write clear and compelling copy for user interfaces, emails, SMS, user portals, apps, disclaimers, and more
- Advance brand voice across our products
- Support our expansion into new products and features
- Further Affirm’s simplicity, helpfulness, and ease of use
- Lead product IA and naming efforts
- Test copy
- Optimize UX
What We Look For
- 2+ years UX writing experience
- Ability to operate with minimal oversight
- Very well organized
- Great collaborator
- Familiarity with localization a plus
- Motivation to build Affirm into an iconic brand
- Ability to understand and apply legal guidance in a highly regulated industry
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can learn more about our D&I efforts here.
We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for positions in accordance with applicable laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top