Lead, Risk Operations
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
As a company that underwrites and services loans, we are extremely attentive to fraud prevention. We will not be successful unless we maintain and scale out our exceptional fraud monitoring and deterrence processes, keeping would-be fraudsters at bay. As a Risk Operations Supervisor, you will be leading our team of Risk Operations Investigators who are the front line of defense against fraud.
What You'll Do
- Lead a team of Risk Operations Investigators in a fast paced environment which includes preparing the team on new fraud trends, incoming fraud attacks, and any changes to procedures/policy
- Drive a culture of high performance by overseeing the team’s work for quality and compliance to our standard procedures
- Handle escalations and answer questions from the team related to fraud events and customer escalations
- Ensure that SLAs are met consistently and identify core issues when the team fails to meet SLAs
- Develop, execute, and monitor action plans to improve our operational fraud procedures
- Research and resolve risk events stemming from process breakdownsMentor, guide, and manage direct reports on fraud best practices at Affirm
What We Look For
- Passion and drive to change consumer banking for the better
- 3-5 years of experience in fraud management with at least 2 years of management experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and meet deadlines without sacrificing quality
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can learn more about our D&I efforts here.
We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for positions in accordance with applicable laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top