IT Systems Engineer
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We’re seeking an IT Systems Engineer to help manage and support Affirm’s technology infrastructure. For our ideal candidate, troubleshooting and problem-solving are beloved pastimes, and they come with a healthy respect for compliance and documentation.
As the IT Systems Engineer of a rapidly growing startup, you will be the tech backstop for the IT Support Team. Working to maintain and scale current corporate facing computing systems, while exploring and deploying new solutions that will allow the company to grow.
What You'll Do
- Administer enterprise systems and company IT assets including: Application Servers, Databases, AWS Console, and end user devices.
- Plan, deploy, and configure new systems to keep up with changing needs
- Support our end users in leveraging technology to optimize their workflows
- Educate on and enforce our IT compliance and policy obligations
What We Look For
- Proven ability with *nix (OSX & Linux) administration and support
- Experience leveraging the AWS Cloud
- Experience administering SaaS technologies
- Database Experience (SQL , MYSQL, PostgresSQL)
- Experience with Single Sign On (OneLogin, SAML, LDAP)
- Understanding of Security technologies (Encryption, IDS / IPS, CASB, AV, SIEM)
- Experience with Bash or Python scripting for automation
- Proficiency in the Atlassian suite (Jira, Confluence, Servicedesk)
- Experience administering G-Suite for Business
- Red Hat or CompTIA+ Linux certification
- Experience with infrastructure orchestration (Salt, Ansible, Puppet)
- Meraki or Jamf MDMAudio and Video conferencing with Zoom or similar
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes. #LI-DA1
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can learn more about our D&I efforts here.
We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for positions in accordance with applicable laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top