Financial Systems Engineer - Bank Platform
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Do you like accounting and finance? Did you grow up with technology? Do you find that accounting and finance haven’t kept up with changes in technology, but you wish they have? Here at Affirm we are creating a modern banking infrastructure that is changing the face of lending, something that requires modern, accurate, and scalable financial systems. Come join us and leverage both your deep domain expertise in finance & accounting as well as your engineering prowess to build modern financial systems for a brand consumers can trust.
What You'll Do
- Work cross functionally to design and maintain a world class financial system of record which supports Accounting, Audit, Compliance and Servicing, and provide services to Underwriting as well as reporting for Investors, Merchants and Platform Partners
- Specify and build robust APIs and tools for internal and external consumers of accounting information to present the data in understandable and storage-independent format
- Drive the functional specifications for accounting and funding initiatives and work closely with Bank Platform engineers to translate requirements into platform features. Keep abreast of engineering-driven changes to ensure dependent systems are not broken by upstream changes. Curate Bank data models for downstream users requirements, such as Credit, Analytics and Capital Markets.
- Draw upon your deep domain knowledge of financial systems to identify areas that need to be built or enhanced. Contribute to the Bank Platform roadmap by working with product managers and key stakeholders across departments to gather requirements, prepare a workplan with the Engineering Manager/Tech Lead, and see the tasks through to completion
What We Look For
- Passion to drive the change in consumer banking for the better
- 3-5 years of accounting experience; Audit experience a plus
- 2-5 years of software engineering experience
- CPA or accounting systems engineering experience a strong plus
- Expert knowledge in a dynamically typed language, such as Python
- Solid CS fundamentals
- Experience developing systems in web application frameworks is a plus --internally we use Flask on top of Gunicorn
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes. #LI-MM1
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can learn more about our D&I efforts here.
We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for positions in accordance with applicable laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top