Enterprise Technical Account Manager
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Do you love being in the middle of it all? Are you as excited to tackle technical problems as you are to build critical client relationships?
As a Technical Account Manager you will be responsible for the technical success of our largest merchants post-sale. You will advise their developers for the entire customer lifecycle: onboarding, account growth and renewal. You will help them not only to avoid pitfalls, but to take advantage of more of Affirm’s offerings. Technical Account Managers are a part of the Engineering Team and work closely with Affirm’s Product, Operations, Customer Success and Merchant Help teams.
What You'll Do
- Lead the technical relationships for a named set of enterprise merchants within a vertical
- Project Manage and provide world class technical guidance for new merchants’ integrations
- Reduce your merchants' risk by actively working with them to identify problematic technical approaches
- Understand your merchants' upcoming projects and their potential impacts on their Affirm implementations
- Quickly resolve critical technical issues for your accounts
- Provide early feedback to engineering and product teams while iterating on new products
- Drive new feature and product adoption with retail partners, including betas and pilots
- Identify areas to improve operational efficiencies and onboard our merchants more quickly
- Effectively lead multiple projects from separate accounts at a time
- Quarterback multi-departmental efforts to resolve complicated issues quickly
What We Look For
- 10+ years experience as a TAM, Solutions Engineer, or other customer facing technical role where you owned key developer relationships
- Comfort reading code in at least two programming languages
- Confident when discussing technical web development concepts.
- Engineering managers respect your opinion after talking with you about different technical approaches
- Exceptional communication skills, with a deep command of the written word (please submit a cover letter when applying - we actually read them!)
- Successful track record in retaining and growing enterprise accounts
- Strong project management skills, capable of influencing internal and external partners to stay on schedule
- Bachelor’s degree with a record of pushing yourself academically
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can learn more about our D&I efforts here.
Back to top