Engineering Manager - Platform
What You'll Do
- Manage a team of engineers responsible for building frameworks, systems and tools to enable new Affirm products with business requirements that scale over millions of users, their transactions and secure data.
- Provide technical leadership in building systems for efficient underwriting and fighting fraud.
- Lead by example, care for your team and establish credibility with the quality of your and your team's technical execution.
- Work with multiple tech leads, technical program managers and product managers on security, tools, architecture, planning and delivery of multiple concurrent projects.
- Work with internal teams to build out our fast growing analytics data infrastructure.
- Work cross-functionally across the engineering organization as well as with internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide leadership and growth opportunities to your team members, develop talent, mentor engineers, recruit and represent Affirm’s hiring brand.
What We Look For
- Solid leadership and communication skills.
- Experience in managing diverse engineering teams.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience.
- Expert knowledge of a dynamically typed language -- we primarily use Python, but members of our team have backgrounds in a wide range of technologies.
- Solid CS fundamentals and hands on coding skills.
- Extensive experience building and owning large-scale, geographically distributed backend systems.
- Highly skilled at developing and debugging in one or more programming languages.
- Experience with AWS and/or other cloud providers is a plus.
- You prefer using, enhancing and contributing to open source solutions over building solutions from the ground up.
- Experience with (or want to learn about) operating system internals, file-systems, databases, network, concurrency frameworks.
- Unquenchable thirst for learning new things.
- You obsess about keeping costs low while building your team and products.
- Familiarity with Linux.
Meet Some of Affirm's Employees
Helen translates real-world customer problems into code, which in turn builds the services that Affirm offers customers. She also participates in advocating for young professionals in technology.
Back to top