Director, Retail Partnerships
As a Enterprise Retail Partnerships Director, you will join the team driving Affirm’s enterprise retail business: building and maintaining relationships with retail leaders, identifying and developing the products and services they need, and informing the sales and marketing requirements to best address this market. Our Business Development team takes a consultative approach, helping our clients maneuver in the ever-changing ecommerce landscape.
This person will drive partnerships that have a major strategic impact on the long-term success of the organization. We look to this person to represent both Affirm to the merchant and the merchant back to Affirm’s internal stakeholders. While responsible for driving loan volume and revenue, this person is ultimately tasked with learning what is takes to fight incumbents in the market and structure mutually beneficial partnerships with our strategic targets; they will then take these learnings to inform our go-forward strategy and lead in product-marketing efforts for the vertical. This person will provide leadership to the Sales,Product, Engineering, Marketing, Finance, and Legal teams as we look to drive the future iteration of Affirm’s product offering.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Build and nurture strong relationships at top retailers, partnering to find solutions to provide financing to their customers and grow their business
- Deliver insights on business trends, opportunities, and product needs to senior leadership across the organization through compelling market analysis presentations
- Identify and evaluate our incumbents and how to best address holes in the market
- Project-manage all cross-functional execution needed throughout the sales-cycles and beyond: business development, customer success, marketing, product management, finance, risk, legal and customer service
- Ensure excellent service and communication from Affirm to our partners; ensure excellent representation of our partners to internal Affirm stakeholders
- Inform selling strategy and strategic direction for Enterprise Retail vertical
- Responsible for meeting [quarterly/bi-annual] goals and business objectives
- Based in San Francisco HQ; autonomous travel (30% of time)
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- A curious, entrepreneurial leader with plenty of grit, analytical prowess, creative thinking, and initiative
- Ability to develop a deep understanding of - and empathy for - our retail partners’ needs
- 6+ years of solution selling, management consulting or strategic operations with a digital product
- Must have experience in the Retail and/or Financial Technology landscape
- Communication & Relationships: Highly developed interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships both internally and with C-level decision makers within the Retail vertical
- Analytical: Understands P&L and quantitative levers used by our merchants
- Objectivity: Able to look beyond your biases and opinions to deliver the best possible solution for customers
- Collaborative: Outgoing team player excited to work cross-functionally and build relationships
- Proactive Leadership: Seeks out new opportunities, drives projects, & navigates ambiguity with grace
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly. Started by PayPal co-founder Max Levchin, Affirm gives consumers the flexibility to buy now and make simple monthly payments. Unlike other credit options, Affirm offers transparent payment terms (no fees or compounding interest), and employs advanced technology to reach a broader consumer population.
Back to top