Director of Customer Operations
You will be responsible for the management and leadership of the Back Office and Middle Office Operations teams to support transactional lending and banking processes on behalf of our customers. This operational support team resolves complex inquiries and processes exception cases in an accurate and timely manner. The team also works alongside Affirm’s risk operations team and customer care team which handles general customer inquiries. Functions the team manages include Escalated Customer Cases from Care team, Product Bugs & Issues, Disputes & Chargebacks, Credit Furnishing, Compliance Adherence and Management, etc.
What you'll need to succeed
You are a vibrant leader of people in an operations business and used to increasing operational efficiency, and standardization of workflow, with a track record of success managing change.
What you'll get in return
A leadership opportunity with an passionate team in a fast paced, purpose driven environment looking to improve the financial lives of our customers.
What You'll Do
- Drive employee engagement and a high performance culture within the team, ensuring effective performance management, coaching, and development of the team and creating an environment where people can excel through accountability, encouragement and empowerment
- Promote a high performance culture by leading a team to drive customer outcomes that are right the first time and within the agreed timeframes as well as embedding strong operating rhythms
- Embed a culture of customer-centric thinking and productivity by incorporating production management techniques and disciplined management of people and process to drive efficiency and effectiveness; this includes identifying, driving and delivering continuous improvement and process enhancements to create experiences our customers love
- Lead the scaling of the team in a hyper-growth environment which includes developing the team for changes in the future; this includes managing the team’s change resilience and minimize performance impacts that can be associated with change
- Lead the day to day running of the team by monitoring and analyzing team performance and workflows, utilizing standardized systems and reporting
- Develop qualitative and quantitative targets to improve overall customer experience and productivity across each work type; this includes creating business reports (daily, weekly, monthly) to continuously improve service lead time and qualitative KPIs
- Use strong presentation and communication skills to report findings and recommendations to management and business leadership teams
- Keep ahead of industry developments and apply best practices to areas of improvement and implement strategic and transformational changes in the team to generate efficiencies and drive better customer experiences while ensuring the teams adheres to regulatory and compliance requirements
- Responsible for f Line 1 Risk & Compliance and ensures the operational teams understands their role as the First Line of Defense which includes ensuring the team uncovers regulatory risks in their daily tasks, monitoring & tracking these risks, and embedding operational controls to reduce the breach of these risks in consultation with the Legal & Compliance team
What We Look For
- You must have at least 5+ years experience within a management or leadership position and preferably will have previously experience working in the financial services, fintech space or complex operational or transactional processing role
- Degree qualified (preferable)
- Thrives in a faced-paced environment with constant change and a rapidly growing team; is able to make measured, objective, data-driven decisions on a daily basis
- Demonstrated ability to drive a continuous improvement and productivity focus culture within a team including experience in lean six sigma and / or production management methodologies
- Proven track record of delivering extremely high level of satisfaction across a customer base while also taking pride in driving operational efficiencies
- Forward thinking mindset with ability to problem-solve complex issues to drive shares goals and outcomes across internal and external teams
- Maintains composure and acts as a role model to the team when presented with barriers or when results were not as expected
- Strong customer empathy and service level focus
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly. Started by PayPal co-founder Max Levchin, Affirm gives consumers the flexibility to buy now and make simple monthly payments. Unlike other credit options, Affirm offers transparent payment terms (no fees or compounding interest), and employs advanced technology to reach a broader consumer population.
Back to top