Director of Capital Markets
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead a small (but growing!) team, directing Affirm's capital markets strategy and leading financing transactions
- Analyze and interpret the impact of various debt funding strategies while working in the context of broader corporate goals
- Drive legal negotiation/documentation with funding counterparties alongside counsel
- Partner cross-functionally with our Product, Engineering, Sales, Servicing and Risk teams to drive strategy and optimize tactics as it relates to capital markets
- Manage existing and potential investor relationships
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- 8+ years of relevant industry experience at an investment bank, hedge fund, asset manager, or law firm focused on warehouses, loan sales, securitizations, or other financing strategies. Alternatively, experience at a consumer or marketplace lending company in a capital markets, debt funding, or related role.
- Wide understanding of capital markets, funding strategies, fund formation, and/or other ways to raise debt capital
- BA/BS degree in a quantitative discipline or equivalent work experience; MBA or CFA is a plus
- Knowledge of SQL or Python is a plus
- Ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
- Intelligence + Humility. Hubris is the fastest way to blow up a bank!
Meet Some of Affirm's Employees
Sales Development Manager
Fabiola makes sure the Sales Associates are engaged and motivated by working cross-functionally to ensure Affirm hits its revenue goals. She also serves as a lead on the Diversity & Inclusion Council at Affirm.
Back to top