Director, Merchant Lifecycle Marketing
Affirm is looking for a (data) driven Director of Merchant Lifecycle Marketing responsible for overseeing the design, execution and scaling of demand generation activities driving our key campaign, ongoing inbound and pipeline acceleration activities forward as well as supporting our customer success organization in retention and upsell efforts. This leader will oversee demand program design and execution with accountability for marketing campaign success, ABM programs, and partner programs.
The ideal candidate has experience with a broad range of programs, including email, webinars, social media, content programs and supporting outbound programs. This candidate will report to the CRO and will partner with our Marketing Strategy, Enablement/Content, Field Marketing and Sales teams to build quality pipeline. They will work closely with our Sales Ops and Analytics teams to create the analytics and reporting infrastructure necessary to ensure success.
This leader will guide a team of marketers developing campaigns across a range of major markets that drive thought leadership, customer engagement, and demand and are aimed at supporting customer success and highly complex, multi-touch sales cycles. Key is a focus on long-range planning and execution and proven expertise in account-based and content marketing.
In managing an exceptional and cohesive field/integrated marketing team, you must be skilled at hiring, mentoring, and retaining top talent and managing high performing teams.
What You'll Do
- Translate goals into effective integrated marketing strategies and campaigns for key product lines and customer segments that support achievement of quarterly and annual goals
- Develop an ABM program that builds scalable, multi-touch, one-to-many ABM programs that can be run within each industry vertical and support 1:1 ABM programs with marketing aircover and advertising across all available channels
- Develop an organization that can scalably execute its strategies and amplify our message in industries/verticals with different competitive messaging, product lines and partner programs
- Oversee the mix of marketing programs and events needed to achieve quarterly and annual goals
- Set team-wide goals to drive net new pipeline, accelerate pipeline, and increase close rates
- Continuously optimize program performance and quality by leveraging best practices in digital and email marketing including: digital asset design and layout, creative design, marketing copy, A/B testing, database segmentation to constantly refine learnings and improve performance.
- Work collaboratively with key cross-functional teams to ensure successful execution of programs, on time, including Marketing Strategy, Enablement & Content, Design and Copy and external agencies (as needed)
- Understand and recommend ways to drive more lead conversions on the website through campaign content, retargeting, personalization, etc. through the use of analytics, testing, and strategy
- Support maintenance of database health, measure demand waterfall conversion and make recommendations on scoring model
- Develop reporting and track overall program performance metrics from SFDC, website, and Marketo (conversion rates, webinar registrants, email program metrics, etc.); use data to drive investment decisions
- Promote an editorial calendar of content and marketing assets that align with the customer journey and sales buying stages
What We Look For
- 8+ years of experience in B2B Marketing
- Analytical and metrics driven, with a desire to launch, learn, and iterate to continually improve programs
- The ability to communicate vision, strategy and tactics across multiple stakeholders, while being able to roll up sleeves and execute
- Experience building and leading and mentoring team members at all career levels
- Significant experience in Enterprise B2B SaaS environments
- Experience with selection/management of creative/demand creation agencies and/or in-house teams
- Expert familiarity with Marketo, SFDC, Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics, and demand waterfall/pipeline reporting
- Experience working with all aspects of an ad tech stack including DSPs, DMPs and buyer intent solutions
- Familiarity with ABM monitoring solutions
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly. Started by PayPal co-founder Max Levchin, Affirm gives consumers the flexibility to buy now and make simple monthly payments. Unlike other credit options, Affirm offers transparent payment terms (no fees or compounding interest), and employs advanced technology to reach a broader consumer population.
Back to top