Director, Marketing Analytics
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Affirm is a data-driven financial technology company. Analytics and data science are core to our decision-making processes, from automated credit underwriting and servicing to creating new products for our consumers and running effective model-driven marketing campaigns. We seek to revolutionize the credit system by building higher quality alternatives to incumbent systems and methods.
We are looking for a Marketing Analytics leader to work directly with the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) organization to drive marketing campaigns with analytical rigor. This is a highly visible role that is the core of enabling marketing innovation and technology. In this role, you will champion Affirm’s next stages of growth. You will lead and scale a high performing team of analysts, leads and managers. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as interpersonal skills to work cross-functionally and drive forward recommendations.
Some of the key marketing challenges we are currently focused on include Model-driven marketing, Co-marketing with merchant partners, Direct-to-Consumer Marketing, Brand and Social Marketing, while setting up a Data backbone to support our long-term marketing vision.
Come join us in our mission to change consumer finance through better technology, lower costs, and increased transparency while providing the best customer experience.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Drive marketing program with analytical rigor in close strategic partnership with the Marketing organization
- Lead and scale a team of high performing analysts, leads and managers. Develop the team through technical and strategic skillset
- Partner with the Data and Martech Platform teams to guide marketing technology investments and data infrastructure initiatives
- Work cross-functionally with various teams - Marketing, Commercial, Product, Risk, Engineering, Legal, Compliance etc.
- Drive acquisition and engagement of Consumers and Merchants in a two-sided platform
- Partner with Marketing team leads to drive Consumer Growth, Merchant Growth, Performance Marketing, Web/SEO, Social, Merchant Co-marketing programs
- Oversee the design, execution, and analysis of A/B and multivariate tests to enable data-driven decision making
- Build measurement frameworks to determine the return on marketing investments
- Develop expertise and build marketing dataset and work on data governance
- Build segmentation and target audience for various campaigns.
- Develop next generation mathematical models in close partnership with Data Science
- Develop dashboards for consumption by executive teams and cross-functional leaders
- Carry out data deep dives and analysis to gather insights and present to marketing and executive teams
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Passion and drive to disrupt both the retail and lending industry for the better through honest financial products
- 8-10+ years of experience in an analytically rigorous role, and preferably 5+ years of marketing analytics experience with a strong foundation in statistics, behavioral psychology, and/or experimentation
- Experienced people manager with demonstrated ability to develop and lead large teams
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work cross-functionally in team environments.
- Strong influencing skills and ability to influence broader company agenda.
- Strong understanding of the full range of online marketing channels, how they work, how they can be integrated, and how to evaluate them
- Ability to derive strong insight and provide decision support for various channels- SEM, SEO, Email, Display, Push Notifications, Affiliates, App
- A passion for finding insights in data and driving change based on those insights
- Ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
- Masters degree in statistics, management, engineering, operations research desired
- Proficiency with SQL, reporting tools (Looker) a plus
- Experience with Python, or other statistical scripting languages a plus
- Humility and team player - you go out of your way to help teammates
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can learn more about our D&I efforts here.
We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for positions in accordance with applicable laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top