Director, Head of Product Partnerships
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Affirm's mission is to deliver honest financial products to improve lives. We do this by partnering with merchants around the world to offer responsible installments products at the point of sale. In order to expand our offering and drive new product capabilities, we develop and execute partnership strategies that power our expansion efforts.
As we build innovative B2B and B2C product solutions, we need a strong leader who deeply understands our merchant and consumer needs to better solve pain points and identify major opportunities. As Head of Product Partnerships, you will help build our product suite through strategic alliances and be the primary liaison to our Engineering/Product teams. You will build a team focused on engaging partners that enable user journeys to drive daily users, merchant engagement and new revenue generating opportunities. This role will report into our VP of Strategic Partnerships with the opportunity to build a team focused on new partnership origination.
What You'll Do
- Develop product partnerships and associated strategies for Affirm’s B2B and B2C focused products to support new product innovation and drive new capability expansion
- Act as the key liaison with our Product organization, formulating a core strategy in partnership with this team
- Build, manage and grow relationships with existing and future strategic partners
- Project manage cross functional responsibilities across engineering, marketing, communications, sales, client success and beyond
- Drive contract negotiation and end to end launch execution with partners
- Support the Product and Engineering teams as they develop their roadmaps
- Drive, track, analyze and communicate key partnership metrics to cross functional and senior stakeholders
What We Look For
- 10+ years experience in high-growth Strategic Partnerships, Business Development, Product or related fields
- Experience in adtech or platform/marketplace industry a big plus
- A track record of influencing organizational change and an ability to synthesize and execute against complex problems
- Broad and deep understanding of lending or installments industry
- Clear communication, structured thinking, organization and project management skills
- Strong collaborator who can build relationships across the organization
- Strong negotiator and big, ambitious thinker in regards to how we drive value with our partners
- Comfortable working in a highly entrepreneurial environment under minimal guidance
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can learn more about our D&I efforts here.
We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for positions in accordance with applicable laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top