Director - Data Science Growth
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Affirm is a data-driven financial technology company. Data science and analytics are core to our decision making processes, from automated credit underwriting and servicing to creating new products for our consumers. We seek to revolutionize the credit system by building higher quality alternatives to incumbent systems and methods.
We are looking for a data science leader to head our growth and analytics initiatives. You will be a technical leader within the data science team, leading a team of data scientists responsible for growth analytics at Affirm. Specifically, you will be responsible for:
What you'll do
- Lead analytical sub teams responsible for checkout funnel, merchant underwriting and experimentation.
- Develop common understanding and insights across multiple teams like risk, product and engineering. Disseminate insights across the company.
- Inspire and grow a highly effective data science team.
- Effectively plan the roadmap, coordinate, and communicate within the team, as well as cross-functionally with product, risk and engineering.
What we look for
- Passion and drive to change consumer banking for the better
- 8+ years in data science/analytics with experience leading large teams
- Strong proficiency and industry experience building and leading the development of growth focused data science initiatives
- Deep understanding of causality, experimentation and statistics
- Experience in Python or other similar language is required
- Finance and credit experience is a plus, specific fraud related experience is desired but not required
At Affirm, people come first is a core company value and that’s why Diversity & Inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can learn more about our D&I efforts here.
We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for positions in accordance with applicable laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top