Director - Data Science Growth
Affirm is a data-driven financial technology company. Data science and analytics are core to our decision making processes, from automated credit underwriting and servicing to creating new products for our consumers. We seek to revolutionize the credit system by building higher quality alternatives to incumbent systems and methods.
We are looking for a data science leader to head our growth and analytics initiatives. You will be a technical leader within the data science team, leading a team of data scientists responsible for growth analytics at Affirm. Specifically, you will be responsible for:
What you'll do
- Lead analytical sub teams responsible for checkout funnel, merchant underwriting and experimentation.
- Develop common understanding and insights across multiple teams like risk, product and engineering. Disseminate insights across the company.
- Inspire and grow a highly effective data science team.
- Effectively plan the roadmap, coordinate, and communicate within the team, as well as cross-functionally with product, risk and engineering.
What we look for
- Passion and drive to change consumer banking for the better
- 8+ years in data science/analytics with experience leading large teams
- Strong proficiency and industry experience building and leading the development of growth focused data science initiatives
- Deep understanding of causality, experimentation and statistics
- Experience in Python or other similar language is required
- Finance and credit experience is a plus, specific fraud related experience is desired but not required
At Affirm we are using technology to re-imagine and re-build core parts of financial infrastructure to enable friendlier and more transparent financial products and services that improve lives.
We believe the financial industry is fundamentally broken. Not only is the core infrastructure built with technology from the 1970s, but there are a dwindling number of people who say "I trust my bank to look out for me". It doesn’t have to be this way, and it’s our mission to fix this problem.
We are based in San Francisco; founded by Max Levchin (founding CTO PayPal), Jeff Kaditz (CDO DeNA/ngmoco), and Nathan Gettings (founding CTO of Palantir); and building a team of exceptionally talented people to join us on our mission.
Back to top