Developer Support Engineer
Do you love technical problem solving? Do you enjoy teaching others? Do you want a broad exposure to a wide variety of web development technologies?
As a Developer Support Engineer at Affirm, you’ll be supporting the thousands of developers who are integrating Affirm into their e-commerce and in-store point of sale systems. You will combine your skills as a full-stack developer with your ability to communicate complex technical concepts. Your technically sophisticated, authentic and actually helpful responses will delight normally cynical engineers, who are used to the ‘black-hole’ support experiences they get from the traditional players. Developer Support Engineers are a part of the Engineering Team and work closely with Affirm’s Product, Operations, Account Management and Merchant Help teams. As an early member of this brand-new team at Affirm, you will have a huge impact from day one.
What You’ll Do
- Quickly become an authority in Affirm’s APIs
- Be the primary escalation point for technical issues from our Merchant Help Team
- Develop tools to enable our Merchant Help Team to be more effective
- Work directly with our developers to tackle issues
- Coordinate outreach from our engineering and product teams
- Analyze support patterns to deliver insights that drive product improvement
What We Look For
- Passion to change consumer banking for the better
- Either significant computer science coursework or one year of professional experience as a web developer. Applications from boot camp grads will be considered
- Experience integrating UX elements w/ backend services, frameworks, and 3rd party developer APIs
- Fantastic technical troubleshooting skills
- A strong voice when writing - you let your personality show without sacrificing clarity (Please submit a cover letter when applying - we actually read them)
- Task jugglers who can keep dozens of balls in the air and thrive
- Bachelor's degree with a strong academic record
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly. Started by PayPal co-founder Max Levchin, We give consumers the flexibility to buy now and make simple monthly payments. Unlike other credit options, we offer transparent payment terms (no fees or compounding interest), and employ advanced technology to reach a broader consumer population.
Back to top