Data Scientist - Machine Learning
Affirm is a technology and data-driven finance company. We are mining vast amounts of data to successfully rewrite the rules on how credit is evaluated. Our Data Scientists play an absolutely pivotal role in the company, writing the models that allow us to evaluate the creditworthiness of our users in unprecedentedly holistic, efficient, and accurate ways.
What You'll Do
- Build production fraud and credit machine learning models; your models will decide who we lend to in real time
- Conduct ad-hoc data analyses; your analyses will decide which policies we adopt, where we expand our business, and whom our partners will be
What We Look For
- Passion and drive to change consumer banking for the better
- 2+ years industry experience or PhD in related field
- Deep understanding of and experience with machine learning and data analysis
- Strong programming ability, preferably in python
- Advanced degree preferred
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly. Started by PayPal co-founder Max Levchin, Affirm gives consumers the flexibility to buy now and make simple monthly payments. Unlike other credit options, Affirm offers transparent payment terms (no fees or compounding interest), and employs advanced technology to reach a broader consumer population.
Back to top