Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Affirm aims to provide better financial products to improve the lives of consumers. We have grown since our inception and are looking for an Operations Associate who will join us to scale the Operations team in our hyper-growth stage in our Pittsburgh office. The Operations Associate will resolve complex inquiries and process exception cases in an accurate and timely manner. This position will work alongside Affirm’s customer service team which handles general customer inquiries.
What You'll Do
- Resolve escalated customer inquiries on a daily basis including but not limited to loan and payment related matters, technical issues, and other general questions via phone call, email, and chat
- Process check payments and bankruptcy claims
- Update customers’ account details including but not limited to phone numbers, emails, etc.
- Gather and evaluate evidence to resolve disputes and chargeback cases by working with consumers and merchants
- Monitor and process compliance related escalations (SCRA, bankruptcy, deceased, etc)
- Respond to defendant disputes as it relates to credit bureau reporting
- Conduct real-time monitoring of social media channels to identify and address potential customer concerns
- Help identify trends and areas of improvement including agent coaching, quality monitoring and product features
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other Affirm teams to analyze, assess and resolve complex customer issues
- Assist with ad-hoc projects as necessary
What We Look For
- BA/BS degree
- Able to support business operating hours which may include working evenings, weekends and public holidays
- Experience in loan servicing and customer support, particularly in dispute and/or chargeback handling is a big plus
- Capable of accurate data entry / transaction processing
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive thinker constantly seeking improvement opportunities in work
- Team player with the ability to collaborate and be sensitive of others
- Excellent listening and problem-solving skills with keen attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to follow through on dynamic tasks that involve different aspects of the business and contending priorities
- Knowledge of e-Oscar, SCRA, credit reporting and FCRA is a plus
Some Of The Extras
please note that the above are subject to change at any time
- Eat Well: We cater lunch daily. And in case you need a little something extra, our kitchen is fully stocked with healthy snacks.
- Commute Carefree: We subsidize your parking expenses so you don’t have to stress
- Get Active: Your health is important to us. Affirm offers a monthly wellness stipend for fitness classes and memberships.
- Cell Phone Coverage: You’ll likely use your phone for work purposes at some point – so we help you cover a portion of your monthly bill
- Make sure to check out our careers page here under “Benefits” for details on our other amazing perks!
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can learn more about our D&I efforts here