Corporate Counsel, Capital Markets
Affirm’s Legal team is looking to add a new Corporate Counsel, Capital Markets to its growing ranks. This Corporate Counsel will help support the company’s broad-based efforts in building a diversified capitalization strategy. Based in San Francisco, the role will report to a Senior Corporate Counsel and will work directly with Affirm’s Capital Markets business team.
What you'll do
- Support Affirm’s Capital Markets team in building out the company’s network of capital sources and strategies.
- Guide each Capital Markets transaction or initiative from a legal perspective, from initial strategy discussions to deal execution.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of lending and securities laws and regulations relating to capital markets transactions.
- Communicate legal advice in a clear and concise manner and in a timely fashion.
- Provide assistance with respect to other special projects as needed.
Who we look for
- JD from a top law school and current member in good standing of the California bar or eligible to become Registered In-House Counsel in California.
- At least 4 years of relevant experience at an established law firm. Additional in-house experience, particularly at a high-growth fintech start-up, is preferred.
- Previous legal experience in specialty finance (warehouse financing, loan sales and other creative forms of funding) or consumer credit is a big plus.
- Excellent business judgment and interpersonal skills to facilitate negotiations with internal and external parties.
- Self-motivation and a willingness to take ownership of projects.
- A team player mindset, pitching in wherever needed.
- A passion for improving the lives of consumers through Affirm’s products.
- Humility, integrity and a killer sense of humor: you take your work seriously but not yourself.
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly. Started by PayPal co-founder Max Levchin, Affirm gives consumers the flexibility to buy now and make simple monthly payments. Unlike other credit options, Affirm offers transparent payment terms (no fees or compounding interest), and employs advanced technology to reach a broader consumer population.
Back to top