Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
The Compensation Lead will contribute to the on-going management, issue resolution and communication of Affirm’s compensation programs. In addition, they will be responsible for the management of our compensation review cycles, the integrity of compensation data, and the systems and training provided to managers. The role will report directly to our SVP, Total Rewards.
What You’ll Do
- Oversee the management of our compensation review cycles, including data integrity, system set-up, communications and review of pay change submissions.
- Work with our compensation system provider on configuration and enhancements to application capabilities.
- Develop and participate in all components of our compensation market studies including recommending updates to our cash and equity compensation structures/ranges.
- Manage our benchmarking survey submission commitments and serve as the primary point of contact for our survey providers.
- Partner with our talent team on offer packages and provide consultation on offer strategy.
- Contribute to special compensation projects across a variety of areas such as job structure, pay transparency, management training and other various compensation related programs.
- Ensure the reliability, accuracy and security of the compensation data used for reporting and analysis purposes.
Want more jobs like this?
Get Business Operations jobs in Flexible / Remote delivered to your inbox every week.
What We Look For
- 6+ years of experience in compensation, with the ability to demonstrate a full understanding of compensation concepts, tools and best practices
- Extensive experience with HRIS systems, compensation management tools and advanced skills in Excel/Google Sheets programs
- A track record of success in the management and execution of compensation review cycles
- Strong team orientation and the ability to work effectively across internal teams through clear communication and delivering on commitments
- Leads with integrity and demonstrates the ability to maturely handle sensitive and confidential information
- Proven ability to work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors
- Highly effective verbal and written communications skills; ability to distill complex concepts/information to employees and Senior Leaders in a digestible manner
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple high, and potentially shifting, priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail, strong sense of responsibility and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to influence with a consultative approach
USA Pacific base pay range (CA, WA, NY, NJ, CT): $138,800 - $208,200
USA Sapphire base pay range (all other U.S. states): $124,900 - $187,300
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of employment. Affirmers in proximal roles have the flexibility to work remotely, but will occasionally be required to work out of their assigned Affirm office. A limited number of roles remain office-based due to the nature of their job responsibilities.
We have a simple and transparent remote-first grade-based compensation structure. Offer amounts within the range are based on a number of factors including but not limited to job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Across the broader organization, certain roles are eligible for equity awards upon hire, promotion, tenure milestones and for performance.
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first. Some key highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health care coverage - Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets - generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off - competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP - An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.