Capital Markets Lead
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We’re looking for a smart, driven individual to join our Capital Markets team as a Lead. Affirm Capital Markets is responsible for developing and implementing an ongoing strategy for funding our loans - a complex role essential to the functioning of a modern bank. The ideal candidate will have experience managing financing transactions and a strong understanding of various debt funding strategies. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have strong technical and interpersonal skills and the desire to work closely with both internal and external stakeholders.
What You'll Do
- Develop a strong understanding of Affirm’s business from a unique perspective and learn how Capital Markets fits into broader corporate initiatives
- Play an important role in developing and executing on Capital Markets strategy
- Own deal processes from start to finish, including structuring, negotiation, documentation, and execution
- Take charge of communication with Engineering, Product, Revenue, and Credit/Risk teams to drive Capital Markets initiatives
- Help build and manage relationships with existing and potential investors
What We Look For
- 4+ years of exposure to debt capital markets at an ABS issuer (including online lending platforms), an investment bank (FIG/Fintech advisory or ABS banking/trading role), hedge fund, asset manager, rating agency, or law firm
- Experience managing (or several years of experience assisting on) ABS financing transactions, including warehouse facilities, loan sales / forward flow, and/or securitizations
- BA/BS degree in business, finance, economics, or similar quantitative discipline
- Experience with SQL or Python is a plus
- Ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detailHumility and a strong desire to learn and grow
- Clear alignment with Affirm’s core values
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can learn more about our D&I efforts here.
Back to top