Business Intelligence & Data Lead
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We’re looking for intelligent, driven professionals to join our newly formed Operations Strategy & Analytics team! We are responsible for leveraging data driven insights to drive overall servicing strategy across contact channels, customer segmentation, product roadmaps, and technology investments. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical and problem solving skills, direct management experience, as well as interpersonal skills to work across the organization and with external partners to drive forward recommendations.
What You’ll Do
- Build cross-functional relationships and partner with our Product, Engineering, and Risk teams to drive operational efficiency and effectiveness, and build out the next generation of servicing
- Own the roadmap to deliver scalable and robust data infrastructure and BI capabilities across all of operations
- Leverage technology to reliably and efficiently automate processes and tasks
- Empower the operations organization to be able to access and drive business insights
- Maintain and build out a robust knowledge base and source of truth for all data and metrics
- Partner with Product and Engineering to define technical data requirements to enable accurate and simple business outcomes
- Apply scrappy approaches and prototype predictive modeling and segmentation solutions
- Be the technical leader across operations
- Maintain a strong understanding of our evolving data warehouse and provide technical guidance across all of operations
What We Look For
- Passion and drive to disrupt the lending and financial industry for the better
- Direct management experience of at least 2 people
- 5+ years of experience in analytically-driven roles (analytics, consulting, finance, etc.)
- 1+ years of experience building and leading analytics teams
- Strong working knowledge of SQL and experience with Python or R
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to lead cross-functionally, and influence external parties
- Ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
- A passion for finding insights in data and driving change based on those insights
- Ability to communicate and influence both technical and non-technical audiences
- Enough laziness to find a faster way to do your least favorite tasks
- Humility and team player - you go out of your way to help teammates
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can learn more about our D&I efforts here.
We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for positions in accordance with applicable laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top