Business Development Associate, Strategic Brands
Affirm provides honest financing options to consumers checking out at online stores. The Business Development Associate will work on the Strategic Brands team, helping the BD and Sales team identify and drive opportunities to build our business. This role will have a direct impact on top-priority organizational goals and will provide accelerated learning with a world-class team.
What You'll Do
- Drive new business by identifying, qualifying, and developing new partnership opportunities for Affirm
- Collaborate closely with Account Executives and the rest of the Sales & BD team to strategize creative outreach campaigns and determine priority of outreach based on potential impact
- Manage the first stages of the Sales & Business Development pipeline by performing initial outreach and nurturing leads through various inbound channels, including phone, email and social
- Engage potential partners about their goals and challenges, and educate them on the value of Affirm
- Develop best practices and efficient processes for growing our merchant partner base
- Contribute significantly to Affirm’s growth as we scale our core business and product
What We Look For
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
- Strong passion for E-commerce
- Ability to work closely with multiple non-sales teams internally; credit, legal, operations, etc.
- 0 to 6 months of prior work experience
- Passion and drive to change consumer banking for the better
- The desire to pursue a role in sales, and the drive to be successful
- Grit. Lots of grit. You need to embrace challenges and be willing to work hard to achieve audacious goals
- Excellent ability to communicate, extremely detail-oriented
- Organized mindset and an ability to manage time effectively
- Ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
- Willingness to step up to greater responsibility, strong desire to contribute to overall goals
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly. Started by PayPal co-founder Max Levchin, Affirm gives consumers the flexibility to buy now and make simple monthly payments. Unlike other credit options, Affirm offers transparent payment terms (no fees or compounding interest), and employs advanced technology to reach a broader consumer population.
Back to top