Recertification Representative - In House
- The Bronx, NY
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
To contribute to achieving Affinity's Member retention and membership growth goals by supporting recertification processes, conducting quality applications and maintaining/updating recertification core system and CRM. Be part of the Sales contact team for customers interested in our products and will be responsible for assisting customers in completing applications over the phone or in-person, informing customers of the product features and terms following the regulatory requirements. Establishes insurance policies by obtaining member and or potential member information; determining eligibility; maintaining database. To be the liaison between our company and its current and potential members by accepting ownership for effectively solving customer issues, complaints and inquiries; keeping customer satisfaction at the core of every decision and behavior.
GOALS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Input data in core system for recertifying Members and in support of various recertification activities to maintain accurate and complete recertification database.
- Prepare reports for management including summary reports on recertification activity and reports on special initiatives.
- Conduct one-on-one meetings with applying or recertifying members at corporate office on a "walk-in" basis. Produce accurate and complete applications for these individuals, adhering to all internal and regulatory requirements.
- Support Field Sales and Recertification staff with coverage, administrative and outreach.
- Demonstrate proficiency with the principles and methodologies of process improvement. Apply these in the execution of responsibilities in support of a process focused approach.
- Receive inbound calls including transferred sales leads and calls from current and potential customers.
- Place outbound follow-up calls to sales leads and persuade potential customers to complete and submit an application.
- Answer questions about the product details, the company, and issues with account for the customers.
- Meet Quality Assurance Requirements and other monthly key performance metrics for the Call Center and field, when necessary.
- Perform other duties as necessary or required.
- Associates Degree in Marketing, Business Management or related field, or equivalent knowledge.
- One year of related experience, preferably in a managed care setting.
- Basic level proficiency with computer software applications and office technology.
- Special interpersonal skills, including tact and diplomacy, demonstrated by the ability to constructively interface with peers, management and internal and external customers.
- Excellent verbal communications skills as demonstrated by clear and concise communication of accurate information.
- High level of integrity as demonstrated by 1) appropriate treatment of confidential information, 2)
adherence to policies, procedures, rules and regulations, and 3) professional conduct in dealing with persons internal and external to the organization and 4) sensitivity towards the target population is essential.
- Excellent listening skills and the ability to ask probing questions, understand concerns, and overcome objections
- Strong work ethic and self-starter, able to effectively manage multiple priorities and adapt to change within a fast-paced business environment
- Must possess and professional and friendly attitude and be able to quickly develop a rapport with customers over the phone.
- Must possess and be able to demonstrate strong influencing and closing skills.
- Ability to type 30 wpm+
Back to top