Software Engineer- Full Stack - Cairo, Egypt
Affectiva is an MIT Media Lab spin-off focused understanding human emotion. Our vision is that technology needs the ability to sense, adapt and respond to not just commands but also non-verbal signals. We are building artificial emotional intelligence (Emotion AI).
As you can imagine, such an ambitious vision takes a great team with a strong desire to explore and innovate. We are growing our team to improve and expand our core technologies and help solve many unique and interesting problems focused around sensing, understanding and adapting to human emotion.
Our first technology measures human emotion through sensing and analyzing facial expressions. This technology is already being used commercially in a number of different verticals and use cases, and has been released to the public in the form of SDKs so that developers around the world can begin to use it to create a new breed of apps, websites and experiences.
- Full stack development micro services for the Emotion AI and the Affdex Market Research platforms
- Build cloud-based web applications and services in Rails and Groovy/Grails.
- Solve complex software development/design issues.
- Write clean, coherent code following established coding guidelines.
- Work in a small, fast-paced team environment in Cairo
- Communicate and collaborate with US-based development team
- 1+ years software design and development experience in enterprise-class, mission-critical open standards and web development and deployment environments.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Experience in developing unit and integration tests
- Experience developing web applications using web frameworks such as Ruby on Rails
- Comfortable with using code versioning tools such as Git
- Solid development habits and practices
- Strong relational database design skills, especially with MySQL
- Good analytic, design, coding / testing and documentation skills.
- Candidate must be able to work independently and in a team environment
Nice to have
- Familiarity with Groovy/Grails
- Experience with using Continuous integration or continuous deployment systems
- Experience using DevOps tools (Chef, Docker)
- Record of success in a small, fast-moving team
- Contributor to open source projects
BSc. in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
Back to top