VP, Real World Strategy
Welcome to Aetion! Since our debut in 2013, we have grown into one of the country’s leading science-driven technology companies using real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions.
We achieve this with our Aetion Evidence Platform, a software platform used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness and value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals and clients. We’ve partnered with top biopharma companies and are backed by leading venture capital firms to help increase our medical research and expand our product line.
To continue our mission to transform healthcare, we’re assembling a team of talented individuals who know how to work collaboratively and authentically, to innovate and think transformation, not status quo.
If that’s you, we’d love to hear from you.
The VP, Real World Strategy will play a critical role in the growth and success of Aetion by providing expert consultation and advice to our growing BioPharma client base. This individual will support the expanding Growth team as we lead with Science to maximize impact and ensure Aetion’s commercial success. (S)he will work closely with the Chief Growth Officer and cross-functionally with Science, Product and Marketing teams. This will include, but is not limited to, developing solutions to complex real-world evidence questions, advising on study design and methods, preparing TA/asset value use-cases and supporting/leading high quality client presentations.This individual will engage with epidemiologists, biostatisticians, health economists and other researchers both internally and within clients organizations to demonstrate the power and versatility of Aetion . S/he will lead client discussions, collaborate to develop solutions and build relationships to support long-term client partnership.
A successful VP, Real World Strategy has a strong RWD methodological background, is a collaborative team player with client-facing experience serving the BioPharma industry. (S)he is a compelling presenter who can explain the value of Aetion’s offerings to a wide-variety of stakeholders both verbally and in written form. (S)he knows how to confidently & credibly share his/her point of view to address the high-stakes questions facing the healthcare industry that drive Aetion’s mission; what works best, for whom, and when. Because better answers lead to better decisions.
The following duties include, but, are not limited to:
- Develop and deliver insightful, value-added RWD/E strategies and solutions to address nuanced and complex BioPharma challenges
- Cultivate strong, long-term relationships with key decision-makers within accounts and develop deep knowledge of the customer organization
- Partner with Aetion’s Growth, Science and Product teams in engaging directly with potential and current clients to introduce the Aetion Evidence Platform (AEP), Aetion’s scientific services and enterprise-wide engagement models
- Develop proposals for additional work, design solutions responsive to market shift (e.g. COVID) and to address specific client demands (e.g. accelerated regulatory submission)
- Support client interactions through pipeline research, preparation of study concept proposals and development of use cases.
- Craft compelling value stories: Design, create, and deliver use-case-driven demonstrations.
- Create and elevate new business opportunities through the identification of value-added follow-on work and identify new revenue opportunities within existing and with new client organizations.
- Represent Aetion by presenting at industry conferences and webinars as an expert in RWE research.
- PhD/ScD (or other science degrees with equivalent experience) in quantitative disciplines such as epidemiology, biostatistics, health services research, health economics, data science. MDs are also welcome to apply.
- 10+ years relevant work experience in epidemiology, biostatistics, RWD analysis, or health economics and outcomes research (HEOR) delivering products or services to CROs and/or biopharmaceutical manufacturers. CRO or pharma experience is helpful.
- Strong relationship building/interpersonal skills, ability to engage with clients in-person, on the phone, and in writing
- Strong public speaking and product demonstration abilities
- Strong ability to self-motivate and lead others
- Comfortable with on-going change and building novel solutions
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Travel up to 25%
- Lead at all levels – Aetion is a diverse workforce of scientific thought leaders and technological innovators coming together with a vision to dramatically improve the Healthcare industry. Aetion supports and maintains a presence in organizations such as ISPOR, ISPE, ASHP, and HIMSS.
- Located in three cities — We have offices located in Midtown Manhattan near Penn Station, Boston's financial district, and Los Angeles. All locations are accessible by various forms of public transportation.
- Social and energetic offices – with a modern layout, and a giant kitchen and eating/social area. We have an open floor plan with an abundance of conference rooms, designed for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, and industry meetups and events.
- Great perks – We offer competitive salaries, top-of-the-line benefits, company ownership stock options, 401(k) and unlimited PTO
- Company Accolades – Aetion is the recipient of numerous prestigious awards:
- Aetion was listed among Top 10 employers on Fast Company’s 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators list
- CB Insights Digital Health 150 showcases Aetion’s work advancing global RWE among some of the most promising private digital health companies in the world
- Databricks Data Team Award recognizes Aetion’s platform analyzing COVID-19 data.
- Parity.org’s 2020 Best Companies for Women to Advance highlights Aetion’s efforts and commitment to close the gender gap in leadership!
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
Back to top