Staff Security Engineer
- New York, NY
Welcome to Aetion! Since our debut in 2013, we have grown into one of the country’s leading science-driven technology companies using real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions.
We achieve this with our Aetion Evidence Platform, a software platform used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness and value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals and clients. We’ve partnered with top biopharma companies and are backed by leading venture capital firms to help increase our medical research and expand our product line.
To continue our mission to transform healthcare, we’re assembling a team of talented individuals who know how to work collaboratively and authentically, to innovate and think transformation, not status quo.
If that’s you, we’d love to hear from you.
You are a roll up your sleeves, hands on security advocate that is driven to implement effective process and technology to rapidly improve the security posture of an organization. You know how to identify and remediate infrastructure and software vulnerabilities through the effective deployment and administration of security tools. As a security advocate, you are never satisfied with the status quo and are constantly hunting for threats to an organization, particularly a company that was born and continues to operate in the Cloud.
To be successful in this role, you have to have a hard charging mentality and confidence in your technical abilities to rapidly improve a security organization. You understand that your expertise and tenacity in infrastructure technology, SDLC, security control frameworks and Cloud Services are invaluable skills. If you are seeking an opportunity to be a key cog in a team that wants to build a highly effective security organization for a rapidly growing big data and analytics healthcare company then this is the role for you.
The following duties include, but are not limited to:
- Implementing security/compliance controls as part of HITRUST certification (IDS, DLP, IPS, vulnerability scanning, Audit & Logging, etc)
- Perform security architectural reviews, making recommendations to development teams early in the SDLC (distributed computing / Spark / Databricks)
- Review existing cloud based infrastructure (AWS) for security risks and take part in implementing changes
- Review system alerts, and log files to identify, respond to and resolve security incidents
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Experience with administering security tools including Security Incident and Event Monitoring (SIEM), Identity and Access Management (IAM) platforms, Vulnerability Scanners, Code Scanners and Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS).
- Outstanding knowledge of security principles and security technologies such as Firewalls, Proxies, IDS/IPS, and Network Access Control
- Industry experience in security operations, incident response and managing security incidents
- Possesses the ability to drive projects to conclusion, while collaborating with a diverse group of professionals from both technical and non-technical backgrounds.
- CISSP, CCSP or similar security certificate
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS) with a focus on the security capabilities and configuration of services (IAM, S3, ECS, EKS, EC2, WAF, etc)
- Experience with Kubernetes and container security
- 5 years experience working to identify and remediate security gaps
- Devops / Software Engineering experience
- Familiarity with security standards (HITRUST,ISO,NIST,HIPAA/HITECH)
- Experience with Terraform, Helm, CI/CD
- Lead at all levels – Aetion is a diverse workforce of scientific thought leaders and technological innovators coming together with a vision to dramatically improve the Healthcare industry. Aetion supports and maintains a presence in organizations such as ISPOR, ISPE, ASHP, and HIMSS.
- Located in three cities — We have offices located in Midtown Manhattan near Penn Station, Boston's financial district, and Los Angeles. All locations are accessible by various forms of public transportation.
- Social and energetic offices – with a modern layout, and a giant kitchen and eating/social area. We have an open floor plan with an abundance of conference rooms, designed for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, and industry meetups and events.
- Great perks – We offer competitive salaries, top-of-the-line benefits, company ownership stock options, unlimited vacation, and 401(k) match
- Company Accolades – Aetion is the recipient of numerous prestigious awards:
- Aetion was listed among Top 10 employers on Fast Company’s 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators list
- CB Insights Digital Health 150 showcases Aetion’s work advancing global RWE among some of the most promising private digital health companies in the world
- Databricks Data Team Award recognizes Aetion’s platform analyzing COVID-19 data.
- Parity.org’s 2020 Best Companies for Women to Advance highlights Aetion’s efforts and commitment to close the gender gap in leadership!
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
Back to top