- New York, NY
Welcome to Aetion! Since our debut in 2013, we have grown into one of the country’s leading science-driven technology companies using real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions.
We achieve this with our Aetion Evidence Platform, a software platform used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness and value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals and clients. We’ve partnered with top biopharma companies and are backed by leading venture capital firms to help increase our medical research and expand our product line.
To continue our mission to transform healthcare, we’re assembling a team of talented individuals who know how to work collaboratively and authentically, to innovate and think transformation, not status quo.
If that’s you, we’d love to hear from you.
Aetion’s Staff Accountant is a proactive and action-oriented individual who supports a high performing finance team across a variety of functions, primarily accounts payable and payroll processing. This position involves a keen understanding of Aetion’s business and will be involved in various accounting and financial activities while working as part of the Accounting team. This position will be at the forefront of contributing to the financial strength of our fast paced and growing organization.
The following duties include, but are not limited to:
- Review all vendor bills to ensure proper General Ledger and department coding in NetSuite
- Maintain company credit card program to ensure compliance with company policy and timely reporting
- Bank reconciliation for multiple accounts
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of balance sheet accounts
- Process semi-monthly payroll
- Work with external accountant to prepare annual tax return
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings including sales tax in multiple state
- Assist with monthly, quarterly, and year-end accounting close activities, calendar and deliverables, including preparation and review of journal entries, reconciliations, and variance analysis
- Assist in the identification and resolution of accounting discrepancies and irregularities
- Coordinate cross functionally with Human Resources, Procurement, Payroll and Finance to manage employee cost center membership
- Prepare schedules and supporting documentation for internal and external audit
- Assist with other areas of accounting and complete special ad hoc reporting projects as needed
- B.S./B.A. in Accounting, Business or Finance
- 1 - 2+ years of experience in an accounting environment (payroll accounting experience a plus)
- Advanced Excel skills including ability to create Pivot Tables, V-Look ups, SumIfs etc
- Highly detail oriented, and strong organizational skills
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external customers to maximize performance, creativity, and problem solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication; strong business writing and communication abilities, including the ability to effectively document the procedures performed to complete an assignment, the results found, and conclusion reached
- Experience with NetSuite, Intact, SAP One or any other cloud based ERP
- Experience with ADP, Paychex, Sequoia or any other payroll software preferred
- Experience with Expensify, Bill.com or similar products preferred
- Industry experience in SaaS environment preferred
- Lead at all levels – Aetion is a diverse workforce of scientific thought leaders and technological innovators coming together with a vision to dramatically improve the Healthcare industry. Aetion supports and maintains a presence in organizations such as ISPOR, ISPE, ASHP, and HIMSS
- Located in three cities — We have offices located in midtown Manhattan near Penn Station, Boston's financial district, and Los Angeles. All locations are accessible by various forms of public transportation
- Social and energetic offices – with a modern layout, and a giant kitchen and eating/social area. We have an open floor plan with an abundance of conference rooms designed for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, and industry meetups
- Great perks – We offer a sabbatical after five years, competitive benefits such as 16 weeks parental leave from day one, stock options, unlimited PTO, and a 401(k).
- Awards – Aetion is the recipient of numerous prestigious awards:
- Built In Boston and Built In New York 2021 Best Places to Work
- Fierce Healthcare’s Fierce 15 of 2021
- Top 10 employers on Fast Company’s 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators
- CB Insights Digital Health 150 The Digital Health Startups Transforming The Future Of Healthcare
- 2020 Databricks Data Team for Good Award
- Parity.org’s 2020 Best Companies for Women to Advance
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
Back to top