Welcome to Aetion! Since our debut in 2013, we have grown into one of the country’s leading science-driven technology companies using real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions.
We achieve this with our Aetion Evidence Platform (AEP), a software platform used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness and value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals and clients. We’ve partnered with top biopharma companies and are backed by leading venture capital firms to help increase our medical research and expand our product line.
To continue our mission to transform healthcare, we’re assembling a team of talented individuals who know how to work collaboratively and authentically, to innovate and think transformation, not status quo.
If that’s you, we’d love to hear from you.
As a Senior Scientist you will lead customer engagements and deliver study results using our Aetion Evidence Platform. You will apply rigorous epidemiologic research methods and data analytic techniques to generate impactful and high quality real-world evidence for life sciences companies, payers, and at-risk providers. The Senior Scientist is responsible for determining what data is fit for purpose, developing scientific protocols, establishing study design and executing analytical workflows to answer research questions. As you become a platform expert, you will also help train new customers on the AEP to ensure long-term adoption, growth and success.
This is an ideal opportunity for candidates who are adaptable, analytically minded, detail-oriented, proactive, problem-solvers, strong communicators and thrive in an agile and dynamic environment. As a Senior Scientist you will learn from other scientists and have ownership over your professional development all while powering critical decisions in health care.
The following duties include, but, are not limited to:
Customer Engagement & Management
- Manage ongoing internal project teams paying close attention to contract scope, mitigating risk, escalating issues and meeting project deadlines and key milestones.
- Set the project strategy, timeline, and align resources to meet customer expectations.
- Work with customer scientists to guide them in designing, creating and delivering scientific results using the Aetion platform.
- Work with customers and Aetion teammates to create and implement detailed protocols for scientific use cases and scientific validation studies.
- Develop a deep understanding of the Aetion platform and measurement system and share that understanding with customers and teammates through 1:1 discussion, written communications and/or delivery of training seminars.
- Determine what data from our commercial and academic partners is fit for purpose to address client research questions.
- Develop and maintain scientific assets, such as study protocols, templates, measures in the Aetion Measure Library and other deployable scientific components.
- Lead the presentation and dissemination of study results.
- Develop and maintain knowledge base articles, documentation and other learning materials, in text and video form.
- Respond to and follow-up on customer requests submitted through the Aetion support system.
- Graduate degree (in epidemiology, biostatistics, health economics or a related field).
- 2+ years of related analytical experience or a PhD with at least 1+ years of related analytical experience with research methods for epidemiological studies (i.e. prospective cohort study, case control study, confounding control, propensity score methods, multivariate regression).
- Experience client facing and engaging with customers (in-person, on the phone and in writing) or demonstrated experience in external facing roles.
- Working knowledge of health care datasets including medical and pharmacy claims, EMR/EHR, genomics, registry data or demonstrated experience and facility with other health care data sets.
- Pharmacoepidemiology experience.
- Experience in cross-functional teams and decision making.
- Experience working with or for commercial (non-academic) clients and companies. Med device experience a plus
- High adaptability and autonomy.
- Ability to self-motivate and lead others.
- Thrives in a dynamic entrepreneurial environment, excited by the opportunity to manage internal and external partnerships.
- Ability to travel to customer sites or other Aetion facilities.
- Lead at all levels – Aetion is a diverse workforce of scientific thought leaders and technological innovators coming together with a vision to dramatically improve the Healthcare industry. Aetion supports and maintains a presence in organizations such as ISPOR, ISPE, ASHP, and HIMSS
- Located in three cities — We have offices located in Midtown Manhattan near Penn Station, Boston's financial district, and Los Angeles. All locations are accessible by various forms of public transportation.
- Social and energetic offices – with a modern layout, and a giant kitchen and eating/social area. We have an open floor plan with an abundance of conference rooms, designed for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, and industry meetups and events.
- Great perks – We offer competitive salaries, top-of-the-line benefits, company ownership stock options, 4% 401(k) match, and unlimited PTO
- Awards – Aetion is the recipient of numerous prestigious awards:
- Built In Boston and Built In New York 2021 Best Places to Work
- Fierce Healthcare’s Fierce 15 of 2021
- Top 10 employers on Fast Company’s 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators
- CB Insights Digital Health 150 The Digital Health Startups Transforming The Future Of Healthcare
- 2020 Databricks Data Team for Good Award
- Parity.org’s 2020 Best Companies for Women to Advance
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information. EEO is the Law.