Senior Scientist (Epidemiology)
Welcome to Aetion! Since our debut in 2013, we have grown into one of the country’s leading science-driven technology companies using real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions.
We achieve this with our Aetion Evidence Platform, a software platform used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness and value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals and clients. We’ve partnered with top biopharma companies and are backed by leading venture capital firms to help increase our medical research and expand our product line.
To continue our mission to transform healthcare, we’re assembling a team of talented individuals who know how to work collaboratively and authentically, to innovate and think transformation, not status quo.
If that’s you, we’d love to hear from you.
The Senior Scientist will be an independent individual contributor role at Aetion. A successful candidate will lead customer engagements and deliver results through use of the Aetion Evidence Platform. To do this, the Senior Scientist will actively work with our customers to train and mentor them on the use of the AEP and to drive the initial use and long-term adoption and growth of the Aetion software platform. This individual will also confidently lead scientific studies (descriptive, comparative, effectiveness, adherence and others) to help our customers create impactful evidence for themselves and participate in high-value, multi-party engagements.
The Senior Scientist will autonomously develop data connection specifications, scientific protocols, scientific validation studies, knowledge base items, videos, and other key materials, as well as lead the delivery of studies on the Aetion platform. The Senior Scientist will also help to develop and maintain Aetion’s scientific assets, such as dashboards, study templates and our measure library.
The following duties include, but, are not limited to:
- Work with customer scientists to guide them in designing, creating and delivering scientific results using the Aetion platform.
- Lead customers and Aetion teammates to create and implement detailed protocols for scientific use cases and scientific validation studies.
- Develop a deep knowledge of the Aetion platform and measurement system and relay that knowledge with customers and teammates through 1:1 discussion, written communications and/or delivery of training seminars.
- Drive adoption of the Aetion platform in customer organizations.
- Develop and maintain scientific assets, such as study templates, measures in the Aetion Measure Library and other deployable scientific components.
- Develop and maintain knowledge base articles, documentation and other learning materials, in text and video form.
- Determine response and follow-up on customer requests submitted through the Aetion ticketing system.
- Actively collect customer feedback and ensure information is communicated with internal departments.
- Career growth opportunities will also include additional responsibilities in leadership, process development, team mentoring and recruiting.
- Travel may be required (25% or more).
- Graduate degree (in epidemiology, biostatistics, health economics or a related field) with at least 2+ years of related analytical experience or a PhD with at least 1+ years of related analytical experience.
- Working knowledge of health care datasets including medical and pharmacy claims, EMR/EHR, genomics, registry data or demonstrated experience and facility with other health care data sets.
- Related experience with research methods for epidemiological studies (i.e. prospective cohort study, case control study, confounding control, propensity score methods, multivariate regression).
- Experience leading client facing projects and engaging with customers in-person, on the phone and in writing. Or demonstrated experience in external facing roles.
- Pharmacoepidemiology experience preferred.
- Strong experience in cross-functional teams and decision making.
- Superior ability to self-motivate and lead others.
- Ability to travel to customer sites or other Aetion facilities.
- Lead at all levels – Aetion is a diverse workforce of scientific thought leaders and technological innovators coming together with a vision to dramatically improve the Healthcare industry. Aetion supports and maintains a presence in organizations such as ISPOR, ISPE, ASHP, and HIMSS
- Located in three cities — We have offices located in Midtown Manhattan near Penn Station, Boston's financial district, and Los Angeles. All locations are accessible by various forms of public transportation.
- Social and energetic offices – with a modern layout, and a giant kitchen and eating/social area. We have an open floor plan with an abundance of conference rooms, designed for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, and industry meetups and events.
- Great perks – We offer competitive salaries, top-of-the-line benefits, company ownership stock options, 401(k) and unlimited PTO
- Company Accolades – Aetion is the recipient of numerous prestigious awards:
- Aetion was listed among Top 10 employers on Fast Company’s 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators list
- CB Insights Digital Health 150 showcases Aetion’s work advancing global RWE among some of the most promising private digital health companies in the world
- Databricks Data Team Award recognizes Aetion’s platform analyzing COVID-19 data.
- Parity.org’s 2020 Best Companies for Women to Advance highlights Aetion’s efforts and commitment to close the gender gap in leadership!
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information. EEO is the Law.
Back to top