Senior Director, Business Development
- Boston, MA
Welcome to Aetion! Since our debut in 2013, we have grown into one of the country’s leading science-driven technology companies using real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions.
We achieve this with our Aetion Evidence Platform, a software platform used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness and value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals and clients. We’ve partnered with top biopharma companies and are backed by leading venture capital firms to help increase our medical research and expand our product line.
To continue our mission to transform healthcare, we’re assembling a team of talented individuals who know how to work collaboratively and authentically, to innovate and think transformation, not status quo.
If that’s you, we’d love to hear from you.
An experienced, consultative sales professional to serve as customer relationship manager and strategic business partner responsible for developing and expanding new business opportunities with customers. Lead a defined territory and coordinate all Aetion client interactions. Drive solution development to meet complex client business issues. Help Aetion develop and deliver market leading solutions and capabilities. Establish, grow and manage long-term and profitable relationships.
The following duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and deliver insightful, value-added strategies and solutions that address complex client issues
- Create and elevate new business opportunities through the identification of value-added follow-on work and identify new revenue opportunities with existing and new client organizations.
- Actively prospect and leverage potential new business opportunities within specified l new and/or existing accounts.
- Cultivate strong, long-term relationships with key decision-makers within accounts and develop deep knowledge of the customer organization.
- Work with cross-functional support teams to prepare and lead client interactions and sales presentations. Educate team participants in customer culture, operational needs/methods and sales techniques needed to close the sale.
- Manage and assist in the preparation of RFI/RFP responses.
- Utilize CRM and other sales tracking tools to maintain business development and sales activities and track progress.
- Support sales by attending trade shows and industry conferences.
- 5+ years of professional experience in consultative selling within the pharmaceutical and healthcare industry
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent with relevant graduate degree preferred (further personal/industry qualifications are valued)
- Experience in the life sciences and/or healthcare industries
- A willingness and ability to travel to client locations (up to 50%)
- A strong track record of exceeding goals, leadership and client management
- Experience selling in the RWE/RWD space
- Enterprise level software selling experience
- Strategic thinking abilities
- Ability to work cross functionally and in team selling environments
- Successful track record prospecting new business
- Consultative sales skills
- Lead at all levels – Aetion is a diverse workforce of scientific thought leaders and technological innovators coming together with a vision to dramatically improve the Healthcare industry. Aetion supports and maintains a presence in organizations such as ISPOR, ISPE, ASHP, and HIMSS.
- Located in three cities — We have offices located in Midtown Manhattan near Bryant Park, Boston's financial district, and Los Angeles. All locations are accessible by various forms of public transportation.
- Social and energetic offices – with a modern layout, and a giant kitchen and eating/social area. We have an open floor plan with an abundance of conference rooms, designed for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, and industry meetups and events.
- Great perks – We offer competitive salaries, top-of-the-line benefits, company ownership stock options, 401(k) and unlimited PTO
- Company Accolades – Aetion is the recipient of numerous prestigious awards:
- Aetion was listed among Top 10 employers on Fast Company’s 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators list
- CB Insights Digital Health 150 showcases Aetion’s work advancing global RWE among some of the most promising private digital health companies in the world
- Databricks Data Team Award recognizes Aetion’s platform analyzing COVID-19 data.
- Parity.org’s 2020 Best Companies for Women to Advance highlights Aetion’s efforts and commitment to close the gender gap in leadership!
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
Back to top