Security Engineer II
- New York, NY
Welcome to Aetion! Since our debut in 2013, we have grown into one of the country’s leading science-driven technology companies using real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions.
We achieve this with our Aetion Evidence Platform, a software platform used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness and value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals and clients. We’ve partnered with top biopharma companies and are backed by leading venture capital firms to help increase our medical research and expand our product line.
To continue our mission to transform healthcare, we’re assembling a team of talented individuals who know how to work collaboratively and authentically, to innovate and think transformation, not status quo.
If that’s you, we’d love to hear from you.
You are a roll up your sleeves, hands on security advocate that is driven to implement effective process and technology to rapidly improve the security posture of an organization. You know how to identify and remediate infrastructure and software vulnerabilities through the effective deployment and administration of security tools. As a security advocate, you are never satisfied with the status quo and are constantly hunting for threats to an organization, particularly a company that was born and continues to operate in the Cloud.
To be successful in this role, you have to have a hard charging mentality and confidence in your technical abilities to rapidly improve a security organization. You understand that your expertise and tenacity in infrastructure technology, SDLC, security control frameworks, Cloud Services and compliance are invaluable skills. If you are seeking an opportunity to be a key cog in a team that wants to build a highly effective security organization for a rapidly growing big data and analytics healthcare company then this is the role for you.
The following duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assist IT team with GSuite and workstation configuration to ensure compliance with Aetion policy and procedures
- Work with Legal team and third party assessors to identify security and compliance gaps and make recommendations
- Assist with internal and external audit and risk assessments (eg. HITRUST)
- Assist with creating a robust model for complying with third party and client risk assessments / questionnaires
- Review system alerts, and log files to identify, respond and resolve security incidents
- Manage the security and awareness training program for all Aetion employees
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or related field
- 2+ years of experience in relevant security or related roles.
- Experience with administering security tools including Security Incident and Event Monitoring (SIEM), Identity and Access Management (IAM) platforms, Vulnerability Scanners, Code Scanners and Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS).
- Experience working in a regulated environment enforcing policies and procedures
- Possesses the ability to drive projects to conclusion, while collaborating with a diverse group of professionals from both technical and non-technical backgrounds.
- Able to collect, synthesize, and analyze data from multiple outputs, including computer log sources to draw valid conclusions.
- Previous experience meeting industry standard compliance regulations (SOC2, ISO, etc)
- Hands on experience securing cloud environments (eg. AWS)
- Lead at all levels – Aetion is a diverse workforce of scientific thought leaders and technological innovators coming together with a vision to dramatically improve the Healthcare industry. Aetion supports and maintains a presence in organizations such as ISPOR, ISPE, ASHP, and HIMSS.
- Located in three cities — We have offices located in Midtown Manhattan near Penn Station, Boston's financial district, and Los Angeles. All locations are accessible by various forms of public transportation.
- Social and energetic offices – with a modern layout, and a giant kitchen and eating/social area. We have an open floor plan with an abundance of conference rooms, designed for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, and industry meetups and events.
- Great perks – We offer competitive salaries, top-of-the-line benefits, company ownership stock options, unlimited vacation, and 401(k) match
- Company Accolades – Aetion is the recipient of numerous prestigious awards:
- Aetion was listed among Top 10 employers on Fast Company’s 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators list
- CB Insights Digital Health 150 showcases Aetion’s work advancing global RWE among some of the most promising private digital health companies in the world
- Databricks Data Team Award recognizes Aetion’s platform analyzing COVID-19 data.
- Parity.org’s 2020 Best Companies for Women to Advance highlights Aetion’s efforts and commitment to close the gender gap in leadership!
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
Back to top