Scientist - Epidemiology (EU)
- Flexible / Remote
***This position is home-based and can be located in United Kingdom, Germany, France, or Spain.***
Welcome to Aetion! Since our debut in 2013, we have grown into one of the country’s leading science-driven technology companies using real-world data generating real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions.
We achieve this with our Aetion Evidence Platform, a software platform used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness and value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals and clients. We’ve partnered with top biopharma companies and are backed by leading venture capital firms to help increase our medical research and expand our product line.
To continue our mission to transform healthcare, we’re assembling a team of talented individuals who know how to work collaboratively and authentically, to innovate and think transformation, not status quo.
If that’s you, we’d love to hear from you.
As a science-driven healthcare analytics company with a rapidly growing customer base, Aetion is looking for experienced epidemiologists, health economists and other scientists to strengthen our Science team.
The Scientist will be an active individual contributor role. A successful candidate will help Aetion and our customers deliver results through the use of the Aetion platform. The Scientist will work with our customers to train and mentor them on the use of the Aetion platform and to drive the initial use and long-term adoption and growth of the Aetion software platform. S/he will also work on scientific studies (descriptive, comparative effectiveness, adherence and others) to help our customers create impactful evidence for themselves and participate in high-value, multi-party engagements.
This individual will develop data connection specifications, scientific protocols, scientific validation studies, knowledge base items, videos, and other key materials, as well as participate in the delivery of studies on the Aetion platform. S/he will also help to develop and maintain Aetion’s scientific assets, such as dashboards, study templates and our measure library. This is a remote/home-based position.
- Work with customer scientists to guide them in designing, creating and delivering scientific results using the Aetion platform
- Work with customers and Aetion teammates to create and implement detailed protocols for scientific use cases and scientific validation studies
- Develop a deep understanding of the Aetion platform and measurement system, and share that understanding with customers and teammates through 1:1 discussion, written communications and/or delivery of training seminars
- Teach and mentor customers on the use of the Aetion platform in their organization
- Develop and maintain scientific assets, such as study templates, outcomes, and measures in the Aetion Measure Library (an extensive library of measurements addressing key clinical conditions) and other deployable scientific components
- Develop and maintain knowledge base articles, documentation, and other learning materials, in text and video form
- Respond to and follow-up on customer requests submitted through the Aetion support system
- Actively collect customer feedback and ensure that feedback is shared with internal colleagues
- Higher levels of seniority will also include additional responsibilities in leadership, process development, team mentoring and recruiting
- MPH, MS in epidemiology, health services research, health economics or a related quantitative field highly preferred; or BS in a related field
- A minimum of 1+ years (MPH, MS) or 2+ years(BS) in a quantitative area within a healthcare or medical products organization, or equivalent
- Evidence of ability to excel in research/science, such as demonstrated ability to work with data structures, coding schemes, and data sources, working knowledge of study design and analytic methods, and/or working knowledge of research methodology and statistical methods
- Located in Europe
- Strong ability to engage with customers in-person, on the phone, and in writing
- Strong experience in cross-functional teams and decision making
- Strong ability to self-motivate
- Ability to travel (up to 20%) to customer sites or other Aetion facilities or scientific conferences
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and successfully work with internal staff and external partners.
- Resilient, collaborative, flexible, innovative.
- Fluency in English
- Lead at all levels – Aetion is a diverse workforce of scientific thought leaders and technological innovators coming together with a vision to dramatically improve the Healthcare industry. Aetion supports and maintains a presence in organizations such as ISPOR, ISPE, ASHP, and HIMSS.
- Company Accolades – Aetion is the recipient of numerous prestigious awards:
- Aetion was listed among Top 10 employers on Fast Company’s 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators list
- CB Insights Digital Health 150 showcases Aetion’s work advancing global RWE among some of the most promising private digital health companies in the world
- Databricks Data Team Award recognizes Aetion’s platform analyzing COVID-19 data.
- Parity.org’s 2020 Best Companies for Women to Advance highlights Aetion’s efforts and commitment to close the gender gap in leadership!
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
Back to top