To power critical decisions in healthcare with data science-driven technology.
Welcome to Aetion! Since our debut in 2013, we have grown into one of the country’s leading science-driven technology companies using real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions.
We achieve this with our Aetion Evidence Platform, a software platform used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness and value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals and clients. We’ve partnered with top biopharma companies and are backed by leading venture capital firms to help increase our medical research and expand our product line.
To continue our mission to transform healthcare, we’re assembling a team of talented individuals who know how to work collaboratively and authentically, to innovate and think transformation, not status quo.
If that’s you, we’d love to hear from you.
Aetion, a science-driven healthcare analytics company, is looking for a scientific professional to join our dynamic Science team. A successful candidate will help Aetion and our clients deliver results through the use of the Aetion Evidence Platform (AEP). To do this, you will champion answering client questions regarding study implementation using the AEP and the science behind the platform as well as contribute to client research studies. You will help team members with the development and maintenance of internal and client-facing resources for clients’ adoption and use of the AEP. You will also drive the development and maintenance of Aetion’s scientific assets, such as study templates and a definition library of clinical conditions. Additionally, as a successful candidate you will engage with members of the Science, Product, and Engineering teams to identify and fill gaps in knowledge and, in the process, indirectly aid clients in developing high-quality, real-world data evidence using the AEP.
The following duties include, but are not limited to:
- Work with Aetion team members and clients to implement detailed study protocols for scientific use cases and validation studies using the Aetion Evidence Platform (AEP), with regular support and input from senior team members.
- Develop an understanding of the AEP and measurement system, and share that understanding with teammates through verbal and written discussion and communications.
- Lead, with input from senior team members, client help tickets and requests regarding the AEP.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of internal and client-facing resources for customers’ adoption and use of the AEP, such as use-case-driven platform demonstrations, data dictionaries and other key materials including documentation and knowledge base articles.
- Drive the development and maintenance of Aetion’s scientific assets such as study templates, definition library of clinical conditions, and other deployable scientific components.
- Higher levels of seniority will also include additional responsibilities in leadership, process development, team mentoring, and recruiting.
- Title to be determined by education, experience and other qualifications.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent), preferably in sciences, social sciences, or a related analytic field.
- At least 1 year of experience in a research or analytic area, or equivalent. Such experiences can include part-time work, summer jobs, and/or research conducted at school.
- Outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Strong ability for critical thinking.
- Strong ability to quickly learn new tools.
- Strong ability to self-motivate and manage conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication in verbal and written form.
- Eager to “get things right.”
- Experience with cross-functional teams a plus.
- Ability to travel occasionally to other Aetion offices or to client sites.
- Lead at all levels – Aetion is a diverse workforce of scientific thought leaders and technological innovators coming together with a vision to dramatically improve the Healthcare industry. Aetion supports and maintains a presence in organizations such as ISPOR, ISPE, ASHP, and HIMSS.
- Located in three cities — We have offices located in Midtown Manhattan near Penn Station, Boston's financial district, and Los Angeles. All locations are accessible by various forms of public transportation.
- Social and energetic offices – with a modern layout, and a giant kitchen and eating/social area. We have an open floor plan with an abundance of conference rooms, designed for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, and industry meetups and events.
- Great perks – We offer competitive salaries, top-of-the-line benefits, company ownership stock options, 401(k) and unlimited PTO
- Company Accolades – Aetion is the recipient of numerous prestigious awards:
- Aetion was listed among Top 10 employers on Fast Company’s 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators list
- CB Insights Digital Health 150 showcases Aetion’s work advancing global RWE among some of the most promising private digital health companies in the world
- Databricks Data Team Award recognizes Aetion’s platform analyzing COVID-19 data.
- Parity.org’s 2020 Best Companies for Women to Advance highlights Aetion’s efforts and commitment to close the gender gap in leadership!
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.