Associate Director, Science - Epidemiology
To power critical decisions in healthcare with data science-driven technology.
Welcome to Aetion! Since our debut in 2013, we have grown into one of the country’s leading science-driven technology companies using real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions.
We achieve this with our Aetion Evidence Platform, a software platform used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness and value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals and clients. We’ve partnered with top biopharma companies and are backed by leading venture capital firms to help increase our medical research and expand our product line.
To continue our mission to transform healthcare, we’re assembling a team of talented individuals who know how to work collaboratively and authentically, to innovate and think transformation, not status quo.
If that’s you, we’d love to hear from you.
As a science-driven healthcare technology company, Aetion is looking for an experienced researcher for an Associate Director opportunity to strengthen our real-world data research team. The Associate Director will be an active individual contributor role. A successful candidate will help Aetion and our customers deliver results through the use of the Aetion Evidence Platform (AEP). To do this, the Associate Director will work with our customers to train and mentor them on the use of the Aetion platform and to drive the initial use and long-term adoption and growth of the AEP. S/he will work cross-functionally within the company to drive high quality scientific support for customers using the AEP. This individual will also design and lead real-world studies (descriptive, comparative effectiveness, adherence and others) to help our customers create high quality, impactful evidence to meet a range of stakeholder needs.
The following duties include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as a science lead to customers to guide them in designing, creating and delivering scientific results using the AEP by providing expert scientific consulting and guidance on the use of pharmacoepidemiologic, HEOR, and/or biostatistical methods as applied to observational RWE studies.
- Work with customers and Aetion teammates to create and implement detailed protocols for scientific research studies and scientific validation studies
- Develop a deep understanding of the AEP and measurement system, and share that understanding with customers and teammates through 1:1 discussion, written communications and/or delivery of training seminars
- Contributes to solution development and/or other cross-functional collaboration within Aetion
- Maintains strong current knowledge base in pharmacoepidemiology, HEOR, and/or biostatistical methods as applied to observational RWE studies
- Career growth opportunities will also include additional responsibilities in leadership, process development, team mentoring and recruiting
- PhD in a quantitative discipline such as epidemiology, biostatistics, health services research, or health economics plus minimum 2 years relevant work experience, or Master’s plus 4 years experience
- Strong ability to engage with customers in-person, on the phone, and in writing
- Ability to communicate and present scientific principles, study findings, and real-world-evidence strategy recommendations to relevant internal and external audiences effectively
- Experience working with multiple databases (Claims, EMR, US and non-US)
- Strong experience in cross-functional teams and decision making
- Strong ability to self-motivate and lead others
- Ability to travel to customer sites or other Aetion facilities
- Lead at all levels – Aetion is a diverse workforce of scientific thought leaders and technological innovators coming together with a vision to dramatically improve the Healthcare industry. Aetion supports and maintains a presence in organizations such as ISPOR, ISPE, ASHP, and HIMSS.
- Located in three cities — We have offices located in Midtown Manhattan near Bryant Park, Boston's financial district, and Los Angeles. All locations are accessible by various forms of public transportation.
- Social and energetic offices – with a modern layout, and a giant kitchen and eating/social area. We have an open floor plan with an abundance of conference rooms, designed for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, and industry meetups and events.
- Great perks – We offer competitive salaries, top-of-the-line benefits, company ownership stock options, ample vacation, 401(k) match and a daily lunch provision.
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
EEO is the law.
Back to top