Visualization Web Developer
Requisition ID: 41921
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Aerospace Corporation is seeking for an early career, newly graduated Visualization Web developer to join our Visualization and Immersive Technologies Department. This position will be located in El Segundo, CA.
- Support the design and development of maintainable high-performance websites, tools, and mobile/VR/AR applications from conception, through sustainment, focusing on front-end visualization capabilities
- Work in a dynamic development team building the front-end and back-end of multiple web 2.0 & mobile projects where each member is expected to participate in multiple areas including requirements definition, database architecture, user interface design, programming, testing, and customer delivery
- Participate in multiple technology exploratory & research efforts including prototyping, trade studies, and experimentation to evaluate the best frameworks, capabilities, and tools available to help visualize and analyze complex data
- B.S. in Computer Science, Informatics, Engineering, Game Development, or related discipline
- 0-1 year of industry related experience
- Ability to work both independently, and with others cooperatively within a team
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance which is issued by the US Government. US Citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- One or more years of coursework/projects in the development of visual applications for web-based frameworks or mobile applications
- Proficiency in Node.js, Jquery, CSS Animations, and/or D3.js is highly desirable
- Experience working with BitBucket and/or JIRA (or similar alternative) for collaborative software coding and task management
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : MTS-ASSOCIATE
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: [[relo]]
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Developer, Engineer, Security Clearance, Computer Science, Database, Technology, Engineering, Government
Back to top