Visualization Developer (Games and Prototypes)
- El Segundo, CA
Requisition ID: 47741
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Visualization and Immersive Technologies Department (VITD) develops a wide variety of software tools such as visualization applications using commercial UI frameworks and web platforms to support civil, commercial, and national security space systems. VITD is a cutting edge, agile, and collaborative department that works with organizations seeking solutions for detailed visualization applications such as Wargaming and simulation platforms, Virtual Reality & Augmented Reality experiences, and Web 2.0 interactive platforms. VITD is seeking a game developer with experience designing interactive videogames, either with traditional game engines (ex: Unity, Unreal, etc.), Web/Mobile (ex: WebGL, SWIFT, etc), or in Virtual or Augmented Reality.
- Support the design and development of game & mobile applications for a variety of platforms from conception, through sustainment, focusing on developing interactive high-fidelity gaming style applications that can be used for strategic simulation and training.
- Work in a dynamic development team on multiple game-engine & web projects where each member is expected to participate in multiple areas including requirements definition, architecture, user interface design, programming, testing, and customer delivery
- Participate in multiple technology exploratory & research efforts including prototyping, trade studies, and experimentation to evaluate the best frameworks, hardware, capabilities, and tools available to create apps, games, simulations, and experience that support the space and defense industries
• B.S. in Computer Science, Informatics, Engineering, Game Development, or related discipline
• 2 or more years of experience in Game Development (Unity engine or Unreal preferred), or in Mobile App Development
• Demonstrated proficiency in a gaming scripting language, such as C++ or C#
• Ability to obtain or maintain a Secret security clearance, which is issued by the US government. US citizenship is required to obtain a clearance.
• Ability to work both independently, and with others cooperatively within a team
• Good written and verbal communications skills
• Natural desire to learn new tools, technologies, and open to new technical challenges and opportunities
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email email@example.com. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Developer, Engineer, Computer Science, Security Clearance, Laboratory, Technology, Engineering, Government, Science
Back to top