Virtual Infrastructure Engineer
- El Segundo, CA
Requisition ID: 49422
All Locations: Chantilly, VA (Virginia); El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Aerospace Corporation is seeking a Virtual Infrastructure Engineer who will lead deployment of Windows and Linux enterprise systems. You will be a member of the Enterprise Computing team, overseeing hundreds of enterprise servers for the Aerospace Corporation. We work with rocket scientists and engineers to develop cutting edge solutions to complex space enterprise problems and to assure mission success of critical national space assets. While you're technically adept, you especially enjoy designing and implementing at the system level, collaborating with cross-functional team members, with a strong sense of shared responsibility and ownership. You won't simply be maintaining existing systems, but you'll be architecting and designing server infrastructure for completely new networks, so you'll have experience with automated deployment and life-cycle management of a fleet of systems using site reliability engineering practices.
- Architect and deploy fleets of Windows and Linux virtual servers including life cycle management and monitoring
- Rely on code to enhance and automate the deployment, security and management of virtual server infrastructure and operations.
- Build and maintain foundational Windows services such as Active Directory
- Assist with the overall health, performance and capacity management of critical enterprise level systems.
- Document and train operations staff to run, maintain, security update and monitor virtual server infrastructure.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or Technology
- Extensive knowledge of VMware including implementation and sustainment for vSphere 6.5+ (4 Years)
- Extensive knowledge of Linux and Windows Servers including implementation and sustainment for CentOS 7, RedHat 7 and Windows 2016 (3 Years)
- Experience building and maintaining a fleet of Windows enterprise systems including Active Directory
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet, PowerShell DSC or SCCM (2 Years)
- This role will require the ability to obtain a Secret security clearance. This is issued by the US government and US citizenship is required.
- Experience with automation and orchestration using tools such as SCCM, Jenkins or Ansible (2 Years)
- Experience with cloud administration and provisioning such as AWS
- Experience with containers such as Docker
- Experience with Agile and Scrum
- Team leadership experience, mentoring other staff
- Experience configuring systems to government security standards and practices
- SCI clearance
- Strong scripting skills in Perl, PowerShell or similar (2 Years)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must work well in a team environment
- Strong organizational, time management and project management skills
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to adapt to changing organizational need
- Effective interpersonal skills to coordinate efforts and work with other internal and external organizations
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: No
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Engineer, Information Systems, Developer, Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering, Technology
Back to top