Vehicle Modeling and Analysis Section Manager
- Chantilly, VA
In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.
In this role, the section manager works closely with the Vehicle Engineering Department Director and Associate Director to provide leadership, planning, and direction of technical office staff and operations within the Vehicle Modeling and Analysis Section. The selected candidate assigns resources, determines staffing needs, and coordinates activities and operations among subordinate units, as well as communicates and coordinates activities to management and internal customers.
- Assigns and coordinates work activities within organization; monitors workload, work progress and schedules, ensures completion of organization's work assignments within cost and schedule guidelines
- Provides technical and managerial oversight to MTS staff in the Vehicle Modeling and Analysis Section
- Seeks and identifies opportunities for additional, expanded and new business and assists higher management in the evaluation and pursuit of new opportunities
- Participates in day-to-day technical task planning and issue resolution
- Conducts staff performance reviews and recommends performance improvement, career development, salary and promotion actions; establishes staffing needs and recommends reassignments, training, transfers, and other staff deployments; assists other supervisors in evaluation and assignment of staff. Monitors and directs section's security processes, compliance, and safety awareness
- Engineering functions/organizations: Directs technical group performing engineering design, analysis or other research and development activities. Manages ongoing operation within the Section. Directs achievement of engineering assignments within project schedule and cost guidelines
- Bachelor's degree in physics, engineering, mathematics, computer science, or an appropriate technical discipline
- 5 or more years of progressively responsible professional engineering/scientific experience
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of contractors, customers, and corporate staff
- Experience with space vehicle analyses and/or spacecraft subsystem modeling and analysis
- Demonstrated technical leadership and the ability to work effectively with customers, Aerospace, and contractor personnel
- Limited travel may be required
- Current and active TS/SCI clearance with Counterintelligence Polygraph
- 10 or more years of progressively responsible professional engineering/scientific experience
- Advanced Engineering, Mathematics or Science degree
- Knowledge of satellite test standards and Aerospace mission assurance
- Knowledge of ETG capabilities and demonstrated interaction with ETG personnel
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
Back to top