- El Segundo, CA
In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.
The Visualization and Immersive Technologies Department (VITD) develops a wide variety of innovative tools and applications to support civil, commercial, and national security space systems. From virtual and augmented reality, to web, cloud, and desktop visualization; VITD evaluates and creates unique visual experiences that present data and analysis to key decision makers.
- Work with the developers and artists to set up projects in Unity that utilize tile maps and data driven CAD assets
- Create projects in Unity to run as a pc application or in VR/AR headsets
- Render animations within Unity that highlight spacecraft, aircraft, mechanical assemblies, and scientific concepts
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently, and able to communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients
- Collaborate with developers to produce applications that incorporate touch screens, touch controllers and environmental haptics
- Support industry leading engineers and scientists in the development of immersive technology applications to visualize complex engineering problems
- B.S. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or related B.A. in game design, and/or related discipline
- One or more years of experience building data driven applications in Unity
- Solid understanding of merging scenes in Unity and excellent use of version control software
- Ability to take a project from creation to delivery, with team and management guidance
- Must be able to multitask, prioritize, and manage multiple projects at once
- Experience presenting concepts to a variety of engineers, management and customers
- Ability to work both independently and/or cooperatively within a team
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, issued by the US government. US citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- C++ experience is highly desirable
- Experience in developing AR/VR applications
- Experience integrating haptic elements
- Understanding of physics-based movements to create realistic animations
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at email@example.com. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
Back to top