Travel Relations Manager
- El Segundo, CA
Requisition ID: 46950
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
Are you an experienced travel specialist who would be a great fit to lead the support for a dynamic corporation's travel services needs? Are you an expert in the travel booking and air/hotel/transportation vendor management areas?
Looking to share your expertise in the business operations division of a great organization?
Then take a look at the responsibilities and apply online if they match your interests and skillset. We want to hear from you!
The Travel Relations Manager will be responsible for travel supplier management for travel programs managed within Travel & Expense Management Services. The position will also manage the Preferred Hotel program and coordinate corporate meetings including related supplier hotel contracts and other meeting support. This position will be responsible for ensuring that processes support Aerospace policies and procedures related to Travel & Expense. Demonstrate behavior that is consistent with the company's values of Dedication to Mission Success, Technical Excellence, Commitment to Our People, Integrity and Objectivity.
• Manage all supplier agreements for travel agency, airlines, lodging, car rental and other travel related functions
• Oversee travel agency performance
• Write SOW's, provide analysis, supplier strategy and guidance to Supply Chain during RFP's and contract renewals
• Oversee new supplier implementation
• Conduct management review meetings with preferred vendors
• Liaison with internal organizations and management as needed
• Develop reports and analysis as needed in support of program management
• Conduct the annual Preferred Hotel program RFP process, hotel selections and oversee rate and hotel directory implementation
• Coordinate and recommend hotels for various corporate meetings. Obtain hotel proposals and negotiate meeting requirements. Monitor performance.
• Support Travel Services projects and other management requests, as needed
• Provide customer service and troubleshoot supplier issues
• Represent the company in travel industry meetings, as required
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Business or Travel Industry-focused degreed program or certificate
• 10 or more years of experience in the travel industry including vendor management, online booking tools and knowledge of travel reservation processes
• Proficiency in standard office tools including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
• Experience with corporate preferred hotel programs
• Experience with government contractor travel requirements
• Experience supporting travel needs for corporate meetings
• Sabre or other GDS knowledge
• Must work well in a team environment and possess good people/relationship skills
• Effectively interact and communicate with all levels of staff and management
• Must possess strong organizational skills
• Ability to handle multiple priorities and projects at one time
• Demonstrate flexibility and ability in adapting to organizational changes
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong time management skills
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: None
Relocation Available: No
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Supply Chain Manager, Supply, Laboratory, Aerospace, Quality Assurance, Operations, Science, Aviation, Technology
Back to top