Training Coordinator III
Requisition ID: 40731
All Locations: Chantilly, VA (Virginia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
Aerospace University (AU) is seeking a well-organized, problem-solving Learning and Development Training Coordinator (TC) who ensures that our course attendees have great experiences when participating in our learning events. Reporting to the Training Manager, this support role will ensure seamless delivery from pre-event through post-event. This includes masterfully handling learning logistics, registration, customer service, facilities, and technology management. The Training Coordinator (TC) is responsible for supporting a variety of learning initiatives that cover technical knowledge, people development, onboarding, management development, and other employee development needs for the Aerospace Corporation. This self-motivated individual will have experience supporting instructor-led (ILT) training, virtual learning, eLearning, and/or on-the-job (OJT) programs. Therefore, support could include a physical presence in a classroom, opening a Skype session, or leveraging Adobe Connect. The TC will be tasked with reserving facilities to accommodate learning activities, entering events into our Learning Management System (LMS), advertising courses (via both targeted and company-wide methods), interfacing proactively with instructors to ensure flawless execution, providing unparalleled day of event support, and completing post-class administrative activities. Responsibilities will also include ensuring the computer lab remains current with all relevant software updates, tidying training facilities pre- and post-class, and providing exceptional customer service in resolving student inquiries received by telephone, electronically, or face-to-face. As an independent thinker, the TC will actively engage the appropriate resources to assist with event support -- this can include audio-visual and technology support, catering, facilities, etc. Therefore, it is important for the TC to establish relationships across the company to best ensure personal and departmental success. The TC will be responsible for creating various reports or extracting data on an ad-hoc basis. Accordingly, the TC should possess computer and systems acumen such that data can be retrieved from a variety of resources. This information may need to be organized, sorted, and presented as a final product using tools like Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. The TC will collaborate with AU team members at the local site as well as other locations throughout the country. Therefore, the TC must approach work with a friendly and team-oriented demeanor and be willing to help AU reach its goals by "pitching in" however help is needed.
- Supports the execution of learning solutions (instructor-led training, virtual sessions, etc.) by entering courses in the Learning Management System (LMS), advertising learning opportunities, facilitating student registrations, reserving facilities, ordering catering, setting up classrooms (physical and virtual), and closing out events.
- Oversees classroom management to include downloading computer updates, troubleshooting technology issues, and arranging the physical space.
- Engages instructors (internal and external vendor), instructional designers, etc. to ascertain course support needs, obtain course materials for distribution to students, and assist with requests they may have to ensure flawless event execution.
- Embrace and support training technologies such as virtual teleconferencing, Skype, Adobe Connect, Cornerstone LMS, etc. to deliver quality learning experiences.
- Responds to Aerospace employees, external customers, and AU team members with telephone, electronic, and in-person inquiries about courses, schedules, logistics, etc. by employing exceptional customer service and problem solving skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 5 or more years of experience in a professional environment supporting events, handling detailed administrative tasks, or leveraging technology to accomplish departmental goals
- Ability to independently leverage and support a variety of technologies in support of learning including tools such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, LMS, Skype, and Adobe Connect
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort and poise when speaking in front of large groups
- Basic knowledge of databases and reporting capabilities
- Ability to problem solve in the moment such that quick resolutions can be achieved during unexpected course disruptions
- Ability to flex and adapt to changing organizational needs
- Ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and prioritize accordingly
- Ability to collaborate across the AU team with enthusiasm for our work and respect for our co-workers
- Ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI clearance
- Bachelor's degree in Instructional Design, Adult Learning, or a related field such as Education or Business
- 3 or more years of experience supporting the field of learning via learning operations, learning event management, or a primary/secondary/post-secondary education environment
- Current TS/SCI clearance
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : TRAINING COORDINATOR III
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: No
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Training, Security Clearance, Top Secret Clearance, TS / SCI, Aerospace, Operations, Government, Aviation
Meet Some of Aerospace's Employees
Daniel is directly involved in finding exceptionally talented individuals and bringing them on board the team in order to build and grow the company.
Back to top