Technology Transfer & IP Licensing Undergraduate Intern
Requisition ID: 43924
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Technology Transfer and Intellectual Property Licensing Office is currently seeking summer intern to assist in with innovation management. Decipher® is the intellectual property management platform that Aerospace purchased in 2015. We are currently completing the third round of customization of the software which will require input of legacy records as well as assistance in the following areas:
• Collaborate with the inventors, lawyers, finance and accounting and library to refine the records.
• Work both internally and externally to identify all products in which Aerospace technology may reside and notate in each file in the database. This has not been inventories historically and requires creativity in approach.
• Assist with implementing the tracking function that legal and external attorneys can access (through Ledes code) for patent prosecution, correspondence and costs.
• Collaborate with the Finance and Contracts departments to associate royalties and task orders to specific IP licenses.
• Design and implement reports for various stakeholders, such as the PRC, Legal, Finance, Contracts, managers, department heads, CSG, and inventors.
• Assist in continuing development of a uniform email protocol for the platform.
• Assist with ongoing development a Corporate Policy on the Intellectual Property process.
• Other duties as assigned.
Performance standards to be successful in this internship position include:
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must work well in a team environment
- Must possess strong organizational, time management and project management skills
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to adapt to changing organizational need
- Effective interpersonal skills to coordinate efforts and work with other internal and external organizations
- Demonstrates behavior that is consistent with the company's values of Dedication to Mission Success, Technical Excellence, Commitment to Our People, Integrity and Objectivity.
- Currently enrolled at an accredited college/university degree program pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Math, Economics, or STEM related program
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Minimum GPA 3.0
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance
- US Citizenship required
- Must be computer savvy; preference given for website development or maintenance experience
- Technical background with strong interest in technology and intellectual property commercialization
- Strong verbal and written communications skills with ability to persuade
- Academic interest in Intellectual Property discipline
- GPA 3.5 or higher
- Active security clearance
Temporary housing assistance is not available.
The Aerospace Corporation functions as the nation's independent testing, assessment, and research center for national security space systems, specializing in advanced military space systems. Aerospace offers summer internship positions at our headquarters in El Segundo, California, and our campuses in Chantilly, Virginia, Colorado and New Mexico to give students the opportunity to work in the scientific, technical, or administrative areas of the company.
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title:TECHNICAL INTERN REQ
Clearance Requirement: None
Employment Type: Intern
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Temporary, Aerospace, Laboratory, Security Clearance, Database, Contract, Aviation, Science, Government, Technology
Back to top