Technical Lead - Cyber Security Engineer
Requisition ID: 48265
All Locations: Colorado Springs, CO (Colorado)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Cyber Operations and Resilience Department (CORD) provides technical support in researching and engineering cyber solutions for Aerospace internal and external customers in all segments of national security space and strategic mission systems. Responsibilities for this role includes support across multiple functional areas to include ground network and space-based systems for multiple mission partners. Mission partners include Air Force Space Command, Space and Missile Systems Center Directorates, Air Force Nuclear Weapons Center, the National Nuclear Security Administration, and Civil Agencies.
- Primary focal point for technical cyber lab development and operations - includes lab design, equipment purchases, installation, test and checkout, demonstrations, and connectivity to other cyber labs
- Provide technical mentorship to junior staff
- Provide cyber expertise for testing and evaluating new systems or capabilities against advance cyber threats
- Develop and test Defensive Cyber Operations tools and capabilities
- Assist in development of mitigating courses of action or creation of comprehensive strategies to include system design modifications
- Facilitate in-depth working groups to identify credible threats, relevant vulnerabilities, and assess operational impacts
- Assist customers by providing cybersecurity expertise in support of critical decision points and provide ground truth assessments of organizational security activities and posture
- Closely collaborate with Aerospace, Government, other Federally Funded Research and Development Centers (FFRDCs), contractors, and mission partner representatives
- BS in Computer Science, Cyber Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline
- Twelve or more years of experience in cyber security engineering and/or software development
- Proficient with system administration concepts and techniques (e.g. building and provisioning bare metal servers and workstations, building virtual machines etc.)
- Skilled in network design and protocols, penetration testing and defensive cyber operations
- Knowledge of DoD cybersecurity policies and experience working with Risk Management Framework (RMF) and experience implementing security controls
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required as well as the ability to speak authoritatively when appropriate and to support assertions with data and experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret/SCI security clearance, issued by the US government. US citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- An advanced degree in Computer Science, Cyber Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline
- Key cybersecurity certifications (e.g. CEH, GPen, CISSP)
- Experience in the development of commercial security products (firewalls, encryption modules, etc.)
- Proficient with one or more programming languages such as C/C++, Python, Java
- Proficient with Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) solutions such as SPLUNK
- Experience with program protection, network security, cloud security, cyber labs, threat and vulnerability analysis, and cross domain solutions
- Operational experience in space-related systems such as GPS, SBIRS, MILSATCOM, AFSCN, or Space Launch
- Experience with big data analysis and intelligent systems
- Experience with developing or analyzing cyber threat intelligence products, with the ability to translate analysis to senior leadership
- Knowledge of various cyber tools (e.g. Kali Linux distro, RedSeal, Nessus, HP Fortify) and competitive (e.g. capture the flag) cyber experience
- Experience with Agile methodology and team collaboration tools (e.g. Jira and Git)
- Experience with Industrial Control Systems (ICS)
- Active TS/SCI security clearance
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: Top Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Colorado Springs
Job Segment: Engineer, Cyber Security, Electrical, Computer Science, Security, Engineering, Technology
Back to top