Technical Intern - Energy Technology
Requisition ID: 49308
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Aerospace Corporation is seeking a Electrical Engineering student for an internship opportunity. This position will be located in El Segundo, CA.
The qualified candidate will become part of the Physical Sciences Labortories, Energy Technology Department, Battery Evaluation Section, supporting the test and evaluation of spacecraft cells and batteries for flight programs.
- Provide hardware and software support for test operations in the Battery Evaluation Laboratory.
- Assist in the setup of computer-based laboratory test stations.
- Support project leads in the construction, integration and assembly of hardware components for battery test systems .
- Help maintain active test stations, assist in analysis of test data, and maintain databases.
- Participates with an interdisciplinary team in ongoing research or technical programs with academic collaboration partners.
- Applies standard techniques and procedures to carry out a series of prescribed scientific and/or engineering tasks.
- Training and mentorship will be provided.
Performance standards to be successful in this internship position include:
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must work well in a team environment
- Must possess strong organizational, time management and project management skills
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to adapt to changing organizational need
- Effective interpersonal skills to coordinate efforts and work with other internal and external organizations
- Demonstrates behavior that is consistent with the company's values of Dedication to Mission Success, Technical Excellence, Commitment to Our People, Integrity and Objectivity.
- Currently enrolled at an accredited college/university degree program pursuing aBachelor's degree in Engineering or Science or related program
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Minimum GPA 3.0
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- Experience programming in C, C++ or JAVA, Visual Basic
- Willing to work with his/her hands in hardware construction and assembly.
- Candidate should be highly motivated and willing to accept new tasks.
- GPA 3.5 or higher
- Active security clearance
- Functional knowledge of schematic capture and PCB programs
- Experience using DVMs, O'scopes and data acquisition hardware
- Knowledge of automated testing and GPIB programming
- Aduino hardware/software system application
- Java software design, development, unit testing and integration experience
- Hands-on experience with electrical wiring, soldering, assembly and power tools
Temporary housing assistance is not available.
The Aerospace Corporation functions as the nation's independent testing, assessment, and research center for national security space systems, specializing in advanced military space systems. Aerospace offers summer internship positions at our headquarters in El Segundo, California, and our campuses in Chantilly, Virginia, Colorado and New Mexico to give students the opportunity to work in the scientific, technical, or administrative areas of the company.
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title:TECHNICAL INTERN REQ
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Employment Type: Casual
Work Schedule: Part Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Engineer, Temporary, Electrical, Developer, Security Clearance, Engineering, Contract, Technology, Government
Back to top