Systems Engineer and Technical Acquisition SME
Requisition ID: 45502
All Locations: Chantilly, VA (Virginia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Agile Systems Engineering Planning and Analysis Department within the Acquisition Analysis and Planning Subdivision is leading the charge in developing and applying innovative and efficient systems engineering and acquisition strategies to address evolving national security space (NSS) needs. The selected candidate possesses experience applying and overseeing the application systems engineering throughout the lifecycle of NSS space and ground programs. In addition, the selected candidate will possess experience in acquisitions from pre-acquisition planning through source selection.
- Leading systems engineering studies such as system requirements development and flow-down; analysis of alternatives; system integration, verification, and validation; readiness reviews; risk and opportunity identification, assessment, disposition, mitigation, and management; schedule management and assessment; technology planning and insertion; and performance assessment.
- Providing technical leadership to space and ground system acquisitions in the pre-solicitation phase of the acquisition. Support areas include the development of acquisition strategies; conduct of market research, assistance in the development technical documents in a request for the proposal such as a statement of work, source selection criteria, instructions for bidders; and participation as a technical advisor in source selections.
- Assisting the government customer with program management and oversight with an emphasis on programmatic and systems engineering and acquisition processes
- Assisting the government customer in applying innovative acquisition and systems engineering techniques
- Supporting interdisciplinary functional acquisition teams
- BS degree or higher in engineering, science, or a related field
- Minimum of twelve (12) years of relevant experience
- Experience participating in systems engineering and acquisition support to government organizations
- Demonstrated self-motivation, communications, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable and able to manage multiple simultaneous tasks
- Strong ability to work with interdisciplinary functional acquisition teams
- Proven ability working successfully in a collaborative and diverse environment
- Proven ability to facilitate and drive consensus with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent attention to detail, particularly documentation concerns
- Excellent task management skills and ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Current active TS/SSBI
- Occasional travel
- Advanced degree in engineering, science, or a related field
- Knowledge in some or all of the following space and ground systems: Department of Defense, National Security Space, and Civil and Commercial
- Experience in supporting the development of acquisition strategies, plans, and processes
- Experience working in a government program office environment
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : ENGRG SPCLST SR
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Engineer, Systems Engineer, Security Clearance, Aerospace Engineering, Aerospace, Engineering, Government, Aviation
Meet Some of Aerospace's Employees
Daniel is directly involved in finding exceptionally talented individuals and bringing them on board the team in order to build and grow the company.
Back to top