Systems Director, NNSA Nuclear Nonproliferation Programs
Requisition ID: 40863
All Locations: Albuquerque, NM (New Mexico)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the U.S. Department of Energy is responsible for enhancing national security through the military application of nuclear science.
The NNSA maintains and enhances the safety, security, reliability and performance of the U.S. nuclear weapons stockpile without nuclear testing; works to reduce global danger from weapons of mass destruction; provides the U.S. Navy with safe and effective nuclear propulsion; and responds to nuclear and radiological emergencies in the U.S. and abroad.
Aerospace provides in-line systems engineering support on key defense nonproliferation systems, independent technical and programmatic assessments of complex systems and architectures, and develops systems engineering processes and practices
• Lead and manage Aerospace independent systems engineering and technical support to Defense Nuclear Nonproliferation programs within the National Nuclear Security Administration.
• Provide leadership to a geographically distributed Aerospace team located in Albuquerque NM, Washington DC, and El Segundo CA.
• Work with customers at the NNSA Associate Deputy Administrator level, and counterparts within the NNSA national laboratories and production sites, as well as other government stakeholders including the DOD, DOS.
• Develop and execute on strategic plans for growth, though adding value to NNSA through the application of technical and analytical capabilities, subject matter expertise and programmatic knowledge.
• Provide overall leadership in independent study planning, execution, review, and product delivery.
• Hire, mentor and lead program office staff in project planning, staffing, execution and product delivery, conduct performance reviews and performance management.
• Develop technical teams, lead and oversee work execution and ensure quality and completeness of products.
• Lead and coordinate across facilities, security, enterprise information technology in support of regional office expansions, development of specialized workspace and processing facilities.
• Maintain strong, customer-facing relationships. Represent the Aerospace corporation to customers at all working and management levels.
• A minimum twelve years of relevant technical, managerial, and systems engineering experience.
• Bachelor's degree in engineering, science, or equivalent technical fields.
• Demonstrated management and leadership skills within a program office or matrixed technical organization, leading project teams, formulating task plans, ensuring product quality and effective interactions with customers.
• Demonstrated technical credibility across a broad set of systems engineering topics, and a deep understanding of engineering complex systems.
• Strong oral and written communication, interpersonal, organizational and team building skills.
• Ability to work in a self-motivated and directed manner with senior customer personnel on a variety of technical, programmatic, and administrative issues, in a customer field-office environment, is required.
• Ability to work and lead in a satellite office, and leverage both local and geographically distributed resources.
• Current Top Secret clearance and be eligible for SCI and Q clearance.
• Some travel is required.
• Knowledge of Aerospace Engineering and Technology Group (ETG) skills and capabilities.
• Experience with complex technical, programmatic, and management environments.
• Knowledge of the nuclear weapons complex, the NNSA and Defense Nuclear Nonproliferation programs.
• Familiarity with the National laboratories and the relationship to the NNSA is highly desired.
• Currently SCI and Q clearance.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : SYSTEMS DIRECTOR
Clearance Requirement: Top Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Albuquerque
Job Segment: Engineer, Secret Clearance, Security Clearance, Nuclear Engineering, Aerospace, Engineering, Government, Aviation
Meet Some of Aerospace's Employees
Daniel is directly involved in finding exceptionally talented individuals and bringing them on board the team in order to build and grow the company.
Back to top